cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On hold music

breaultd
I like it here

I was just on hold with Rogers and there is a great version of "Shut up and dance" played by a fiddle. Is there any way of finding this version?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

Re: On hold music

michael2420
I've been here awhile

They are a band called The String Puppies from Winnipeg if you Google "Muzak version of Shut Up and Dance" it should be the first thing that appears. On the YouTube video it looks like there is a link to their new album. It doesn't have that song on it but they do have SoundCloud links to it.

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

Isn't everyones " Google " different depending on it's analysis of your likes ... wasn't even on the first page for me and I had to google  "String puppies"  to find it.   The Five strings have a nice version as well but not Canadian. 

michael2420
I've been here awhile
It just showed on top for YouTube content for me.

Hey, does anyone know the name of rogers on hold music? It's like a Sonata played by violin. Usually when I call billing department for business phone I can hear it.

spicyb
I've been around

This music drives me insane and stresses me out.

Dax3_
I've been around

June 2020 on hold music. I recently upgraded my plan. While on hold a song played. I want to download this song but I forgot the lyrics to attempt searching. I know the song is about love, but that's too vague for a search.

Hi @Dax3_,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad you enjoyed the hold music but we would need a little bit more to pin down what song caught your fancy! 

Hopefully someone else in the Community may have heard the same song and might be able to help you out!

RogersZia

Kayes
I've been around

Today while I was on hold there was a mind blowing duet love song, unfortunately cant search immediately. Is there anyway to get the songs list? I know its very vague, but hope to get the song.

Greetings @Kayes!

Thanks for joining us here in the forums and what a great first post! We're so glad you enjoyed our playlist while on hold! That's awesome!!😉

To be honest, it's a bit tough to pinpoint which playlist you might have been listening to as we have a few different ones on the go depending on which department you are chatting with. We tried reaching out to some of our contacts and they suggested that it could possibly be one of the following?

1. U+Me – Alx Veliz

2. Everything and More – Andrew Austin Ft Willa

3. Secrets – The Weeknd

4. Love is all we need – Ftampa

If those aren't it, maybe you can try downloading the Shazam app on your device and have it ready (should you happen to stumble upon the same song again!). I use it quite a bit and it's pretty handy! 😁

Cheers!

RogersLaura

gbrar
I've been around
Hi there! I called Rogers Helpline in Canada last week for help with setting up our Ignite WiFi Gateway, and I really dig the hold music. It was an instrumental, sounded like electric guitar. Does anyone know where I can find it? Thank you! (Love this thread, by the way!)

Hi there @gbrar!

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad you enjoyed the instrumental while you were on hold. We can try to pinpoint what may have been playing when you called in. We'll definitely try and track down the song for you. In the mean time, you may want to download Shazam as recommended by RogersLaura. It really does come in handy :).

Stay tuned!

RogersZia

I always hear "The Weeknd - Secrets" when I call into Rogers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXDU9um19HM

ShinoTenshi1977
I've been around
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a song I heard while on hold and despite days of searching I've yet to figure it out. The song was an instrumental song which I know from somewhere and I think it's originally an instrumental song and not an instrumental version of an originally vocal song. I'm not great at identifying styles and instruments, but it has an electronica sound to it, definitely a bunch of piano sounds, I think possibly organ in some parts as well, I'm guessing a fair bit of electronic keyboard,. definitely some drums too. It's the kind of song I would expect to hear in a soundtrack for The Matrix, X-files, or the like. It switches in tempo back and forth between a bit sentimental to building up to more upbeat in some areas and a stringy alarm sound in the background in others.

I heard it when I called Rogers 2-3 days ago to get my wireless plan changed and it was the only song playing on loop when I was put on hold while talking to an agent after getting a callback from the automated system.

It was the 855-877-3824 number that I called. I don't remember what options I used to get to the queue, but it was the only queue that offered a callback option that I've been in calling that number in the last few days of trying to get through. I don't remember for certain, but I think the option I chose at the time may have been a "or for an agent, press...." option, definitely unsure about that part though. IIRC the callback mentioned something about Rogers for Business, though any options I should have picked would have been residential options and the agent had no issues accessing or helping me with my residential wireless account.

I hope this is enough info to go by for someone to be able to figure out what song it was. For what it's worth, it's definitely not Opus No. 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know the song and it's driving me crazy not being able to place it.

Thanks!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

every time I've called into Rogers, their hold music playing was "The Weeknd - Secrets" its pretty much matches your description of everything you described"

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can also "Shazam" the hold music and it should tell you,   there is another song they keep playing but it is not part of your description but they use it in all their commercials: "you can make more or or"   its a real song that rogers licensed for their advertising  campaign 

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 12 in conversation