cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is being held hostage in a Protocol Gridlock!!

marktuba
I've been around
Last Wednesday my phone was damaged. My son brought in in for repair Thursday morning, it was repaired Thursday afternoon, but the repair shop won't give it to me. 

My wife and I got identical phones from Rogers (at Centrepoint Mall, terrible store!) on the same day and got damage protection on both. This lead to mistake #1- Rogers switched our serial numbers on the protection applications.

When my phone was damaged I called in to LikeWize (the protection folks) to make a claim. They took my phone number, confirmed it was protected and sent me off to Dufferin Mall. They did mistake #2- LikeWize did not confirm my serial number.

Mobile Snap in Dufferin Mall repaired the phone, but when they went to close the ticket they found the serial number mismatch. Mistake #3- Mobile Snap did the repair before checking the serial number. 

Mobile Snap will not give me my phone and have been holding it hostage until LikeWize sends them a work order with the right serial numbers. LikeWize cannot issue the work order until Rogers switches the numbers in their database. Rogers is staffed by robotic protocol-slaves who have no common sense or initiative, and cannot operate a phone to call LikeWize to fix this.

I have been on the phone and online chat with Rogers, LikeWize and Mobile Snap for hours and hours since Thursday. These companies all have protocols which must be followed and apparently none of them can fix the mistake they made until one of the others has fixed their mistake.

These clowns have achieved trapping my phone in "Protocol Gridlock"  I am beyond frustrated.
1 REPLY 1

Re: My phone is being held hostage in a Protocol Gridlock!!

RogersJermaine

Good evening @marktuba,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post!

I can certainly imagine how frustrating this whole experience can be and do hope this can resolved for you as quickly as possible.

If you are still waiting for an update, we can look into your account to provide you with any further additional information we can. Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation