cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Internet Promotional Gift Card

Niranjan1
I've been here awhile

Greetings,
I just checked the balance on my promotion gift card and it tells me my card is expired, although the date on the front of the card stated valid thru 11/28.
If the card was only valid for one year, the date on the front of the card should have indicated so. Talk about false advertising!

Card Customer service mentioned its expired on 2020, that was during Pandemic and most of the business are closed in lockdown. They were upfront rejected saying its expired.

***Edited Labels***

Any help much appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rogers Internet Promotional Gift Card

RogersZia

Good evening Niranjan1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I understand this may be an upsetting experience for you. However each gift card comes with it's terms & conditions and we do not have an authority over when the funds expire.

It's best to read the details about the activation date, expiration date etc. upon the first use of the gift card.

RogersZia

Niranjan1
I've been here awhile
I understand T&C which can be followed in a normal scenario. In the pandemic driven scenario almost all businesses having closures and cities were under lockdown. Do you think it’s fair to and shop?

Why did you print valid through date on the card? At least cusTotally misleading consumers with the cunning marketing tatctics.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Niranjan1  Here are the laws regarding gift cards:

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/payment/gift-cards.html

If you feel that the provider has not lived up to these regulations, feel free to contact them again.  If you feel they have flouted the law I suggest you start by sending a PM to @CommunityHelps  by clicking on their hyperlink and send them a PM, or contact Rogers at Share a concern:

https://www.rogers.com/contact/share-a-concern/

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation