cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NextBox

Chris
I'm a senior advisor

Are they working on making the next box better? Can you please put us intouch with the project managers or developers? We are the people who actually care, I think we can provide really good feedback 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

Re: NextBox

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I think there are alot who care that it's a good or bad product. The difference is, we would know how to make a positive constuctive thing together, vs the straight out complain and "fix it!" that many others do 🙂

But I would be open to a discussion as well. We could collect all the things brought up from other posters to be brought forward.

RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey guys,

I've sent comments from the forums through to the product team. Is there anything else that you wanted to add? Keep in mind that the enhancement builds, testing and release take a long time. 

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
I just think if we had some sort of access to their bug tracking or a way to see what is planned and vote on them...

Like I would vote on increasing the speed of current features before anything else. The guide is painfully slow to use and manually flipping through channels also takes way to long.... With 300+ channels I need these to load quickly.. Now it takes 3 seconds between channel.

RogersGina

I can definitely ask. The only thing is, these kinds of projects move slowly so it may take awhile until I have an answer.

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
Yeah as a software dev I fully understand the speed at which things go... I just don't understand why the guide is so slow 😉

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While its true, that most of the things like the slowness, should have never made it past testing/qa...

I think thats the bigest thing from the PEOPLE point of view, that we see on the forums and elsewhere.  They dont realise how long things CAN take to develop, etc.

People want it, and want it NOW.. they think that everything is a magical one click fix, and its done.

Re: NextBox; Two out of three ain't bad.......

You know the line from the Meatloaf song "Love by the Dashboard Light": Baby, I want you, I need you, I love you? Well, two outa three ain't bad.....

Usually we all want our technology/product/services to be highly functional, available quickly and at low to no cost.  Most of the time you can have only two of those.  Very seldom (if ever) can you get all three at once.  Only politicians promise otherwise.

skinorth

And thats just it.

You see people out there now, petitioning for better/faster internet.  I have no problems with that, i would love that.  But sometimes you see the same people, beleiving it should be 1/2 the cost it is, and unlimited.. that they HAVE to do it.. they treat it, like unlimited internet, is a RIGHT.

Many people, dont realise, that these services, are a PRIVILEGE.  Yes, people shouldng be getting ripped off, i agree.  But there comes a cost to do business, and you often have to pay for these things.  Are they necessary? No.  If money is such an issue, than people need to re-assess their priorities... get rid of TV in exchange for free books from the library..

What we need to see less is DEMANDING.. and more working constructively with the providers on moving in the right direction.

/rant 🙂

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
And that working together is what I am trying to propose with this thread.

RogersGina

Hey guys,

RogersAndrewNP raised your points yesterday with the internal team and I believe a push was sent last night that should improve things. Can you let me know if you notice?

thx!

I havent had a chance myself.. no time for TV in the morning with getting myself and my son ready for work 😛

But there are 1-2 posts i have seen from members saying they have noticed something.. so maybe it worked 😄

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
Wow seems way faster.. Step in the right direction!

Next step, allow me to schedule a recording from my non-pvr box in my whole home pvr 🙂

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
Is there anyway you would be able to post whenever new software is released and maybe the change log so we know what has changed? It would be nice I'm sure for all customers to know what is going on...

Also help us supporting people with issues..

RogersGina

I think there is a plan to post enhancements online but I don't when it's happening or if it's happening for sure. 

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation