Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New board - CRTC Consultation

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that a new board is going up later today.  It will be called CRTC Consultation and it's all in support of the dissucsions around the future of television in Canada.  

This board is likely going to be up for a few months and we're taking a slight departure away from the peer-to-peer support model that we use in the rest of the community.  RogersSarah will be hosting all the discussions; she will also provide answers to questions and jump into discussions themselves.  We don't want to take away from the peer-to-peer nature of our community so this board will not be visible from the community home page.  Users will be directed to this board from direct links posted on RedBoard and Twitter.  And obviously, users will see posts to this board in the "Recent Posts" section of the community home page.  I will post an announcement in the community and I'll post back here with the link when the board is live.

As always, we appreciate your support and participation!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New board - CRTC Consultation

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks Margaret!

Make sure to post the link here if you can for us as well 🙂

I for one hope some good comes of all this for consumers.  I myself am mostly ok with most things currently.. but i am allways up for more options, better price, etc 🙂

I am glad rogers is taking a good stance on this.. encouraging their users to get involved in shaping the future of this.. and not hiding anything, etc ( am sure there are companies wanting to put this on the back burner and hope no one notices)

RogersMargaret
Hey Gdkitty,

Yes - I'll definitely post the link back here when the board is live.

Thanks!

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
This sounds good to me, my only worry is that Rogers might not be ready to hear what customers want.

Unless they are prepared to become an internet and cellphone company and spin off a Netflix like company to distribute their media properties I am not sure how it will work out.

I would much prefer to have a nice fibre pipe to my house with which I can purchase my internet from any company. From there I would consume all my media over this pipe in an on demand format such as netflix and NHL Game center. And the new not yet invented RogersSportsNetPlus Pack.

RogersMargaret
as promised, here's the link to the CRTC consultation board:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/Consultations
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation