cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Calling in today, to get them to remove the distinctive ring off my home phone, as its no longer needed.

The  person asked if there was anything else they could do.  I jokingly said, "is there any other deals you can give me?"

They looked up for the phone, and wasnt anything, but said, let me put you to customer relations....ok.

My last promotion, a come back to us one, when i moved (20% off tv, internet, phone, for a year on a year contract), just ended.

So i asked.. and said, hey is there anything else i can do, as an existing customer, and get any deals.  I didnt want anything FREE (though that would be nice :P), but any sort of sign up for a new contract and get a deal would be nice.

They were able to give me, in the end, $60 off my combined phone/internet/cable.  This is $60 off for 2 years, on a 2 year contract.  Thats a pretty good deal, in my opinion.

Just goes to show you, that you dont have to call, be a bitchy customer, complain, and threaten to leave the company, just to get rogers to do something nice for you, you just have to ask.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
I do normally threaten to leave.. but in a nice way. I just say "unfortunately my bill is way to high for me to justify and I may have to look elsewhere.." Seems like the 2 year deal is whats going right now. I signed up for home phone and my bill dropped by $30... I always make sure to be polite and thank the person on the other end for their help.

Re: Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think thats just it.. if you are polite about it.. even in a threatening way so to speak.. you'll get 10x futher.

The difference of "I really cant afford all this, but i realy like rogers and dont want to leave"

vs

"OMG, you guys suck! you better give me something or im leaving!"

Some people seem to think its their right to be like this.. but how would they like it, if someone came into THEIR business and acted like that infront of them?

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation