Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avengers Posters!!

RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey guys,

The Rogers On Demand team gave me some Avengers posters. They are really nice- saturated colouring, beautiful graphics, large (think it's 4ft tall). You get first dibs! Let me know if you want one.

Thanks,
Gina

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Avengers Posters!!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was just looking at these more in detail.. are these ones from actual theatres, etc??

I noticed.. that unlike your normal poster you buy from the store.. with a white paper backing on them.. these ones, while not translucent.. i think are printed on clear paper?  You look at the back of the poster, and see the REVERSE.

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
Yep those are theater grade. They print them in reverse on the back so when put in the light up poster frames the light shines through and makes for a brighter poster.

I had to get mine redirected.. Dang ups thinking people are home during the day....

RogersGina

I think we get these kind for screenings or in stores. 

Chris, GDKitty learned from last time and had it shipped directly to work 🙂 I do the same with UPS because it ends up in Concord (at least a 20 mins drive) and their hours are tight for pick-up. 

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
I guess I just always hope they will just leave it on my door step...

RogersGina

I do check the box 'no' for signature required but unless you have a prearrangement with them, they won't leave it. When I order from Costco, they leave it on the back porch. 

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
The slip they left said adult signature in person required...

I was hoping I could just sign the slip... The amazon shipments from them they leave at my door... Weird..

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think the issue, is because it says it comes from ROGERS.

When i called UPS before, with the gifts Gina sent out.. i asked WHY it still had to be signed for, even though it has no sig, etc on it.

THey said its because its from rogers.  Because rogers sends out phones, etc.. those NEED to be signed for, for liability, etc.. so usualy by default, ANYTHING from rogers.. always needs a sig.

Man though.. imagine if those tubes WERE a phone?  THat the new iphone 12 with a SUPER long screen and 20 extra rows of icons? XD

Chris
I'm a senior advisor

RogersGina

too funny!! I couldn't figure out why you were sharing a Longo's video with us... that was the ad 🙂

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hahahahhahahaha XD

Thats awesome.

THough, the guitar thing, was actualy pretty cool 🙂

RogersGina

Isn't the guitar player the NASA guy from the Mars landing?

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
Poster has arrived... I was asked if it was a sword 🙂

RogersGina

...and you said, "no a light sabre"

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
No I said a poster... Then we both agreed a sword would have been pretty cool.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a tiny sword collection.. mostly picked up from ren fairs, highland games, etc..

There is some COOL stuff availble in the US.. i debating on getting shipped... but due to customs, the weight, etc..  a $36 sword has $56 shipping on it >.<

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
Get it shipped to a border ups store and go pick it up... (note might cost the same in gas these days..)

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah.. considering im 45+ mins north or toronto.. would probably cost MORE in gas 😛

Topic Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation