Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year roundup

RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey guys,

I'm working on a round-up post to commemorate 2 years of Rogers Community Forums. I'm planning to include stats like number of registered users, posts, views, etc... 

Do you have anything you want add? Highlights from the last year?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2 year roundup

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
Or allow us to accept the solution 🙂

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The cry of joy when people found out that space HD was finaly available? 🙂

Nothing specific..  only thing i could think of, was something maybe like some of the most common topics/questions (could link back to thread with the answer, or an FAQ that answers, etc).

RogersGina

I think I actually wept when I found out. Love the suggestion - thank you 🙂

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
The #1 piece of advice for people with TV issues: Power cycle your digital box! 😉

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When in doubt.. REBOOT!

skinorth
I'm an advisor

@RogersGina:

statistics are quite often interesting, especially when presented within a certain context.  I would imagine that what has been gathered over a period of two years might well interest, if not fascinate some people.  What to present, and how to present it, are the usual challenge in this regard.

I would be interested not only in seeing the stats on total numbers of Forum participants, but also the average level of activity and timing of postings for participants.  For instance, I would expect that most participants would sign up as a result of needing to resolve an issue with their Rogers service.  They would pursue their issue to resolution, and would then participate in the Forum sporadically, if at all.

As well, how many "lurkers" are there out there who perhaps troll through the Forum for whatever reason, once or twice, and then are not heard from again.  One can only assume that they found something of interest, and then departed.

skinorth

RogersGina
@skinorth,
I don't have access to timing of posts in the reporting side 😞

I know that we get a lot of mobile traffic which is interesting.

It's estimated that across support forums, about 90% of all users (registered and guests) are lurkers, 9% contribute occasionally, and 1% of all users participate a lot and account for most of the content on the community.

Welcome to the 1% 🙂

Thanks.

Likely the only time I will be a member of the 1%!

skinorth

RogersGina

It's up! Feel free to comment 😉

I asked for everyone's favourite moments from the last year and for suggestions. Here's the direct link: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Welcome/thread-id/118

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
It's too bad more people don't click accepted solution when something actually solves their issue.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chris wrote:
It's too bad more people don't click accepted solution when something actually solves their issue.

Very true.  Im almost wondering to add that to my sig or not.. "If your solution is solved, please make sure to click on the post that sloved it for you" sort of thing.

woo! 1% 🙂

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
Or allow us to accept the solution 🙂

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
That just happened!

RogersGina

It's only enabled in this discussion area. Chris - I think you get a gold star for figuring it our first!

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
lol I know it was only available in this section of the forum 😉

RogersGina

Nudge!!

Hey guys - it would be nice if you commented on my 2 year post and not leave me hangin out there 😉

**Andrew pointed out that I wrote my instead of me - oops - fixed!

Posted by meowmix

-One thing i would LOVE to see is instead of earning a nick name ( like we do now on the side) is earning a bit more thing, maybe a few community mod spots or something in terms like that. That would be amazing seeing as other community pages are doing this.

Funny he should say that XD

THat brings up a question.. is that something we are suposed to LET people know about within the forums here? Or is it a secret? etc?

Chris
I'm a senior advisor
@Gdkitty I don't think we have any more powers than before.. At least I don't see any in the menu's and such.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

True.. this isnt quite a MOD position.. more as an MVP type of thing.
But i just found it interesting that he bought it up, just as this was brought out.

RogersGina

I am looking into special badging but it won't be until next year at the earliest. 

maybe we can have our own personal titles below our nicknames?
Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation