cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying $10/month for US service not transferred from Shaw contract

Sarah131
I've been around

Last summer, my family of 4 went to a Rogers store to transfer our Shaw phone plans to Rogers (all on the same account). After 2 hours in the store, the sales person had moved over our Shaw plans BUT he insisted none of us would have the US service we had with Shaw included. I finally broke down and allowed him to add $10 for US/Mx service just to my phone line because we cannot be without service when we are in the States. On November 10, the other 3 lines on the same account and other former Shaw mobile customers received this text from Rogers:

Rogers Service Message: As a thank you for continuing to choose Rogers, we will be upgrading your plan at no additional cost to include the following benefits: Unlimited Canada + US calling, Unlimited Canada + International text messaging (sent from Canada or US) and access to the data included in your plan from Canada + US.  These additional features have already been added to your monthly plan on October 30, 2023.

When I went back to the store and requested the $10 be removed from the contract, the sales person was rude and threatened to cancel our whole contract and said all 4 of us would be paying over twice as much in the future. By the time the commitment Rogers made to Shaw customers expires, I will have paid $600 (without tax) more than other Shaw transferred customers. I have phoned Rogers twice and they refuse to inform how to escalate this issue. One of them said I should not have gone to the Rogers store. How do I submit a written complaint and/or escalate this?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Paying $10/month for US service not transferred from Shaw contract

RogersZia

Good evening @Sarah131,

Welcome to the Community!

It is really disappointing to read about your experience with the retail rep. We would love to turn the experience around for you. We can review your account to see why the long distance calling feature couldn't be removed. 

Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can look into this for you. Click here to get started. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation