cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron Features

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can someone develop a web page that lists user features that are built into the Hitron and Cisco modems but which cannot be viewed or set by the end customer. With that info available, customers could at least call into tech support to turn items on or off. Samba protocol comes to mind. Is that available for customers to use for USB drives?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Hitron Features

RogersShane
Product Manager
Product Manager

@Datalink we expose the most useful features available to our customers and limit some features that are not available on our network. As for Samba support we do allow it in the CGN3 and CGN3ACR.  BTW thanks for being one of the first posters!  really appreciate the support

If Samba is supported it doesn't appear to work. There have been a couple of Rogers customers who have tried the USB ports in the last couple of weeks with no success, ergo, my question on turning features on or off through tech support.  The ports appear to be dead.  Is there something that has to be done to allow their use?

@Datalink it should work in both the CGN3 and CGN3ACR natively, however it is not currently supported in the CGN2 (without being turned by tech support that is) and it is not supported in the Cisco 3825.  Hope this helps.

Ok, it should work in the CGN3 and CGN3ACR.  I'll go back and find the posts again, but I'm sure the modems in question are one or both of those.  I doubt that the individuals who posed the question have any success to date, but will confirm and send along any applicable questions.

howi
I plan to stick around

Datalink,

Greetings.

Regarding the CGN3, Samba works on my Windows computers but not always on Mac. The current OS X Yosemite seems to be fine.

@howi It should work in MAC however, when copying the link from the admin pages and pasting into finder, you need to remove “file://” and replace with “smb://”

@howi, does the USB drive or hard drive show that its active when its plugged into the modem?  Does the USB symbol show on the front of the modem when the drive is plugged in?  I don't use the modem in Gateway mode anymore, so I don't think that I can even test it.

howi
I plan to stick around

@datalink,

Since the previous firmware updates, the attached storage feature has been enabled. When a USB storage device is connected, the indicator on the front panel will light up. I have no issue to access the files since then... but only on Windows comptuers. The Mac will keep asking for login credentials, which it apparently does not.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, ok, so it should work but sometimes it doesn't.  I'll pass that along.  thanks.

howi
I plan to stick around

@RogersShane,

It is the case in the newer Mac OS X Yosemite. But it was not with Mavericks... it is due to the long time compatibility issues on the Apple side rather (they have admitted it and fixed it in Yosemite)

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation