Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How roaming fees are actualy charged

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hey 🙂

I know many users, when the get roaming fees... only see WHAT they are billed for them from rogers..

Just wondering if you can enlighten more on the whole process of HOW the fees are charged

(IE: if the other carrier, calculates the usage on their network, then charges rogers, etc).. I understand if you cant go into specifics on $$ values, etc.

Just some enlightenment of the whole process for people, if they get dinged, they know who is really charging them.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How roaming fees are actualy charged

RogersDonavan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi GDkitty,

When you're roaming, you're actually using a foreign carrier's network (i.e. Vodafone).  This carrier charges Rogers for any activity (txt. talk, or internet usage)  that you would incur.  Rates vary by country and by operator.  Once Rogers receives the charges for your usage, we have internal mechanisms in place to pass these charges onto you.  Check out Rogers.com/roaming for rates and packages.

Ok, thats what i thought.

Even though it looks like its ROGERS charging you for it, (which technicaly it is).

Rogers has been charged, by the other carrier,  and paid them, and then are getting you to pay them back.

Thanks!

Brucemartin2010
I plan to stick around

Does Rogers add to the charges before passing them on to the customer?

We're always looking at ways to keep our prices down.  There are margins, but they vary from country to country.

cmd123
I've been here awhile

Can you provide details as to what your margins are for AT&T in the US?

Unfortunately I can't share this for competive reasons 😞

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation