cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This number is registered to your AppleID but not with this phone. You can keep using the number for iMessage

RUSan
I've been here awhile

I've tried calling Rogers support but gave up after 1.5 hours on hold.

I just switched back to Rogers from another provider and I rec'd the message "This number is registered to your AppleID but not with this phone. You can keep using the number for iMessage and FaceTime until it expires."

Also this message "(number) will expire in 5 days, reinsert the SIM to keep using this number with iMessage and FaceTime".

Can anyone please tell me what's going on? I have tried removing / re-inserting SIM, powering on and off. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: "This number is registered to your AppleID but not with this phone. You can keep using the number for iMessage

TwitchyPuppy
I'm a reliable contributor

Hi! The phone number associated with iMessage and FaceTime has to be one that is active on the device, and should mirror the number you see in Settings ‪→‬ Phone ‪→‬ My Number. Is it the case?

If not, you can manually change it in that box. If the iMessage one is different, you'd need to change it via https://appleid.apple.com/.

You then turn off both iMessage and FaceTime, reboot your phone, turn both iMessage and FaceTime on again and it should be fixed!

Re: "This number is registered to your AppleID but not with this phone. You can keep using the number for iMessage

RUSan
I've been here awhile

Thanks! My phone number was listed correctly under Settings, as well as iMessage and FT. I've followed your well-detailed steps, so I hope this takes care of the 'error' messages.

Appreciate your help.

TwitchyPuppy
I'm a reliable contributor
I hope so too!

And you're welcome!
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation