cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passcode

mapp447
I plan to stick around

HI,

I am a senior and i have my Motorola Pure since May 2022.it is my 1st smartphone i have a all the basics down but today while installing an app a window popped up asking for my passcode to continue the app setup? how do i find that and as far as i know i did not turn it on or off at anytime.Thanks in advance for any help or advice.mapp47

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: passcode

mapp447
I plan to stick around

HI,

Sorry for the late response,i did put in a 4 digit passcode and that seemed to work and allow me to load the app! Thanks for your help,best regards,mapp447

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersMoin

Hello, @mapp447.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums, and congratulations on your first smartphone. I hope you are enjoying it so far.

By the description of that pop-up window, it seems the app you installed is asking for an OTP (one-time password). Usually, it’s a text message sent to your phone.

If you go to your text messages app, you may find a text like this:

You need to enter such a code into that pop-up window. And these passcodes are time-sensitive; you should use them immediately or else they expire for security reasons.

Let us know if you need further help with this.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

mapp447
I plan to stick around

HI,

Sorry for the late response,i did put in a 4 digit passcode and that seemed to work and allow me to load the app! Thanks for your help,best regards,mapp447

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation