cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Android phones are eligible for WiFi calling with Rogers?

DavidHeilig
I Plan to Stick Around

Based on their tech support it's only those sold by Rogers, but what if you want to have a Nokia or Samsung xcover, or Oneplus, or Huawei, etc? Are you limited to what Rogers offers, which is very little?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What Android phones are eligible for WiFi calling with Rogers?

RogersYasmine

Good day @DavidHeilig,

Thanks for being a part of our community forums and we appreciate your post! 🙂

To use WiFi Calling, you will need the following:

• A monthly postpaid voice and LTE data wireless plan. Prepaid customers can’t use WiFi Calling.
  • An LTE SIM installed in your device.
  • A compatible phone with Android 6.0.1 or later installed. Most Android phones from late 2015 and onwards are compatible.
  • The WiFi Calling feature enabled on your device.

If you have these things, make sure your device’s WiFi Calling feature is switched on so you can make calls and send messages over WiFi. If you have a non-Rogers Apple device, WiFi Calling may work, however, we cannot guarantee that it will fully function as expected since it would be considered unsupported. If you have a non-Rogers Android device, WiFi Calling will not work.

For more info on the WiFi Calling feature, please check out our Knowledge Base article found here

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersYasmine

Good day @DavidHeilig,

Thanks for being a part of our community forums and we appreciate your post! 🙂

To use WiFi Calling, you will need the following:

• A monthly postpaid voice and LTE data wireless plan. Prepaid customers can’t use WiFi Calling.
  • An LTE SIM installed in your device.
  • A compatible phone with Android 6.0.1 or later installed. Most Android phones from late 2015 and onwards are compatible.
  • The WiFi Calling feature enabled on your device.

If you have these things, make sure your device’s WiFi Calling feature is switched on so you can make calls and send messages over WiFi. If you have a non-Rogers Apple device, WiFi Calling may work, however, we cannot guarantee that it will fully function as expected since it would be considered unsupported. If you have a non-Rogers Android device, WiFi Calling will not work.

For more info on the WiFi Calling feature, please check out our Knowledge Base article found here

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Sukut
I Plan to Stick Around
I have a non rogers note 20 from US but subscribed with Rogers. Pleased to state that i was able to turn on the rogers wifi calling fearure and it works well. Rogers
Must have have changed their policy recently

Randy

@RogersYasmine wrote:

If you have a non-Rogers Android device, WiFi Calling will not work.

That's an interesting statement, but my question would be "why?"

I have a OnePlus 10 Pro 5G, and apparently wifi calling is not supported.  This doesn't appear to be anything other than an arbitrary decision by Rogers.  If there's a technical reason why it's not supported, I'm all ears.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation