cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly Sending Pictures to Contact List

danzo337
I've been here awhile

Hello there,

Not sure if this is the right place but I've been having issues with my phone randomly sending pictures to people on my contacts list.

It's been targeting my work and school contacts specifically. I'm not sure what pictures are being sent but the people will respond to the messages and ask me why I sent them pictures.

Can anything be done about this? It's a bit concerning since I have over 2000 pictures on my phone of random things.

Any suggestions on what I could do would be greatly appreciated.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Randomly Sending Pictures to Contact List

danzo337
I've been here awhile
Thanks for that article. I have a galaxy s9.

I have the default messages app disabled, since I use Textra for my SMS.

But thank you (and the other responder) for clarifying that it's a device issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@danzo337  What kind of phone do you have?  Years ago, owners of Samsung phones were reporting that the Samsung Messages app was sending photos to random contacts.

https://gizmodo.com/a-bug-in-samsungs-default-texting-app-is-sending-random-1827291759

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This does not sound like a Rogers specific issue but it does sound like a handset issue, you could have a bad or malicious app on your phone that is doing this or you could have a virus, spyware, adware or malware on your phone which could also be doing this too.

Phones are not made by rogers so I am not sure what they can do, but im sure you can call them first and see if they offer any kind of support, if not, you might want to invest in some anti-virus, or anti spyware or anti-malware apps and clean your phone up.   

danzo337
I've been here awhile
Thanks for that article. I have a galaxy s9.

I have the default messages app disabled, since I use Textra for my SMS.

But thank you (and the other responder) for clarifying that it's a device issue.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation