cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App for Android

hsreid89
I plan to stick around

Howdy. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and any suggestions you might have. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy AOS3 and a Lenovo Tablet that I have the Ignite TV app downloaded on. It works fine on the tablet; however, on the phone, the video stutters and buffers constantly. although the audio is fine. I have other tv apps on the phone (Global, City, CTV, TSN) that all work perfectly. Video plays with no stuttering - no issues. But whenever I try to watch something through the Ignite app, it is unwatchable - like watching a stop motion animation.

There must be some compatability issue with the app and the phone, but as I said, other apps work fine. Also, the phone is less that a year old, while the tablet is almost 3 years old, and the tablet works perfectly with Ignite. Both are running Android 11, and I have tried clearing cache, uninstalling app on phone, but still won't work. 

Any suggestions, tips or advice would be appreciated.

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV App for Android

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If your a Telus Mobility customer, have you tried calling Telus Mobility?  how is rogers going to fix it if your not even a customer

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

RogersZia

Good afternoon @hsreid89,

Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate the details you've shared along with the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Can you please confirm if you are on the latest version of the app? Have you noticed if this issue occurs over WIFI or cellular data? Is it restricted to a specific location?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

hsreid89
I plan to stick around

Hi:

The app is showing as the latest version - it says it is 6.19.2.001. and the same version is on my tablet. I don't use mobile data to access it, as I don't have an unlimited mobile plan, but I signed in just to test it, and same thing - everything is jittery. Again, the audio plays fine, but video is jittery and will buffer every 15-20 seconds or so.

With respect to a "particular area", I am not sure what you mean exactly. I am on wifi in my house, so it doesn't matter where I go in my house, I have the same result. It isn't the wifi signal, because also as I said, it works fine on my tablet - there is no stuttering or jittering, video plays fine, whether it is a live broadcast or a recorded show. Also, any other app TV app I use (CTV, Global, TSN, DAZN) on my phone plays all video, whether live or recorded, with no issues.

If I play something that I have recorded to PVR (i.e recordings I have saved from my Ignite TV box), it plays perfectly on the Ignite app on the phone - no stuttering, no jitter, no buffering. It is only when I am trying to play something that is being broadcast on a network - i.e live TV. So - obviously there is something with the Live TV feed that is not compatable with the app on my phone.

Good morning @hsreid89!

I've tested the app on my iPhone and Live TV runs smoothly for me. Is there anyone else out there in the Community that is currently experiencing the same issue as the OP here on an Android phone?

The fact that it works fine on your tablet but not your phone may indicate this is an issue with your phone. Did you get this phone from us or did your purchase it from a third party?

Regards,

RogersCorey

hsreid89
I plan to stick around

Hi Corey:

I'm not with Rogers for my phone, I'm with Telus.

Definitely a phone issue - but as I said, it's funny that all other video apps play fine, and even the shows that I have PVR'd through my TV will play fine on the app through phone - it is only the live TV that is jittery.

Good day, @hsreid89 !

Thanks for the further clarification! As mentioned by @RogersCorey, it is very strange that the apps work fine on your other devices but not on this particular device. That normally points to a device issue or a compatibility issue. 

The only other recommendation I can make is to try rebooting your Ignite TV Entertainment box and once done, exit the Ignite TV app and log back in and test it out again. Please give this a shot and let us know how it goes. If still no change, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we can try submitting a ticket. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

hsreid89
I plan to stick around

HI:

Nope - still not working. it will play fine for first five seconds or so, but then just goes back to the same stuttering. It has to be a compatibility issue with phone, but as I said, anything that I have recorded through PVR works perfectly on phone, and any other TV apps I have all work fine. Maybe it will work ok whenever there is another update to the app.

jbinoville
I've been around

I have been experiencing the exact same issue this week.  Samsung tablet is jittery and audio is out of sync when playing live TV, but when playing a saved recording it works perfectly.   Both live and recorded stuff plays perfectly fine on my Samsung phone.  This led me to believe that there might be something wrong with my tablet so I did a factory reset and still have the problem.  I am going to try a factory reset again but this time I am not going to restore my apps from the backup.

Alx1
I've been around

I have the exact same problem. Where is the answer?

Greetings and good morning @hsreid89 and @Alx1!

Did you get the Samsung Galaxy AOS3 directly from us or did you purchase it from another source outside of Rogers? 

We can't guarantee that third party devices will be fully compatible with all our apps and services.

Regards,

RogersCorey

hsreid89
I plan to stick around

I have already answered that. No, I didn't purchase the Samsung from Rogers - I am on a Telus Plan. Every other video streaming app works fine on my Samsung phone. I open the TSN app directly, and video runs fine. Disney Plus, Amazon Prime. Any other app from a network on Rogers - CTV go, FX now, Global - everything runs smoothly. Also, everything on the Ignite app runs smoothly on my Lenovo tablet. SO it has nothing to do with whether or not the Samsung phone was purchased from Rogers. 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If your a Telus Mobility customer, have you tried calling Telus Mobility?  how is rogers going to fix it if your not even a customer

hsreid89
I plan to stick around

I am a Rogers customer. I am a Roger's Cable, home phone and internet customer. My cell phone package is with Telus, and this thread has absolutely nothing to do with cel or wireless service, either through Telus or Rogers. If you took the time to read the thread from the beginning, it has to do with the Rogers Ignite App.  I access the Ignite app through my home WiFi, which is through Rogers. Rather than typing everything for the 5th time as to what the problem is, I suggest you go to the top of the thread and read from the beginning. Then maybe, as a "Rogers Community Resident Expert", you could give an informed response.

hsreid89
I plan to stick around

They don't have an answer. I am guessing there is just some incompatability the phone (or tablet) and the ignite app.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 in conversation