cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged $50 suspension fee for soft suspension 9 days after warning of suspension in 14 days

RSLOW
I plan to stick around

On April 28th I was sent an automated message from Rogers stating my "wireless services would be suspended if my past due amount was not paid within 14 days of this message."  14 days from April 28th was May 12th.  On May 9th my wireless data was suspended.  I quickly paid the past due amount listed in the credit operations text and service was restored in minutes.  Even though they suspended my account 4 days before they said it was scheduled to be suspended, and I paid the past due balance listed well with in this time frame, I was charged a $50 suspension fee on my May bill.  Rogers supervisor told me the fine print states they can pull service and charge that fee at any time after the bill was late. That does NOT explain why Rogers sent me a very specific text with a specific dollar amount and time frame to supposedly help me avoid suspension of service and related fee, only to suspend the service and trigger the fee DAYS EARLIER than they specifically stated.  If Rogers is relying on fine print then why send a text stating a specific, longer time frame.  That's fraud.  A deceptive billing scheme designed to trigger an extra $50 fee on top of late charges with no basis in economic reality ( suspensions, soft suspensions like this are automated, no one has to climb a poll any more,  costs Rogers nothing get's people to pay)  I don't care about the service being cut off earlier than stated, but I don't like being deliberately tricked into paying a punitive, excessive, bogus fee.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Charged $50 suspension fee for soft suspension 9 days after warning of suspension in 14 days

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
It does seem that something went wrong with that billing timeline, and that bogus $50 pole-dancing fee.

I assume that the Office of the President agents would be interested in this case. You should end up with a positive experience after the Prez dept. takes a deeper dive.

To get to the people with more power, simply scroll down the page to "Contact Us" and then when you arrive on the next page, scroll down near the bottom to "Share a Concern" and simply reprint your problem into the box provided, and you might find that your problem will be corrected, even without the need for a Prez agent ( I wonder if Rogers sells Prez Pez dispensers?).

Good luck, but even if they somehow come up with a valid reason for the mishap, I still think that they will credit your account properly, and also apologize for wasting your time and failing to properly count to 14. 📆🔞

Re: Charged $50 suspension fee for soft suspension 9 days after warning of suspension in 14 days

RSLOW
I plan to stick around

I'm just tired of arguing with Rogers reps over punitive, onerous fees. Or getting different information depending on the representative. My May bill has $76 in late fees and "suspension" fees for software to flip my mobile data off and on for 45 mins.  I feel scammed.  Like they have plausible deniability and will claim it's a glitch, but it might be an intentional effort to collect bogus fees ON TOP OF premium prices and high late fees. If they're going to quote fine print about being able to disconnect at any time why send a text that lies about the number of days before my mobile data will be suspended? If not to trick people into thinking they have until then to pay and collect a 50 fee, now newly being collected on these soft mobile data only suspensions? It's a cash grab with a bogus fee that shouldn't exist to begin with. 

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

If you get to to speak with a Prez agent, you might get a fresh take on this subject, and even if you didn't, you owe it to yourself to find out why that fine-print defense was used.

I like your argument, but because you are dealing with a late fee issue, I wouldn't expect the typical agents, or even supervisor to handle you with kid gloves. It could be they are just trying to discourage you enough to never be late again . .. almost as if they are glad that the system attacked you too early.

That's why you should see if you get the same annoying pushback from a Prez agent. I expect them to respond with logic and empathy, regardless of the situation. Nothing is 100% guaranteed, but give it one last shot to see if you get bullied, or helped.

If you still get shot down, then I'll be more inclined to think that the fine print is used to silence the customer, rather than take the extra time to properly credit the account.

Some people use auto pay and a CC, and then don't end up paying until the following month when the bank takes the payment from the subscriber's account. That's the kind of "late" payment that Rogers doesn't care about (since Rogers gets its money on time, via the CC/autopay system).

I still think that even if you are often late with your payments, Rogers should honour the due date quoted in the texts/emails you received. And an agent with power, should be able to fix this nonsense without any of the frustration you are expecting. Now go collect your money from the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man Pez dispenser agent.

Gingahsnap
I've been around
I feel the same way....Two hunts in a row for me they've done the same thing! I spent literally hours on the phone with a rep a while back to get my phone bill down as I own my phone and I'm still paying over $100 a month for a phone plan when I should only be paying $75 so here I go again back to phoning the rep and get this all straightened out again!
NOT to mention these extra fees that they sneak onto your bill every month which I think is absolutely ridiculous so my bills are running at 175 a month ridiculous! Time to find another service provider once again!!
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation