cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers / Shaw email account and VPN or Travel Abroad.

Rick_in_PoMo
I've been here awhile

In 2023, I visited the Greek Islands and when trying to check my Shaw email and found it locked. This is a very annoying problem and I could not get this resolved until I got back to Canada. This is something that Rogers / Shaw should sort out so it doesn't happen. So, what are the solutions?

1. I didn't know that users should have a non Rogers / Shaw email so they could be contacted in the case email was locked. Maybe a note on both Internet and mobile bills should state "Using a VPN or going abroad? Please let us know".

2. Maybe Rogers should not lock emails or the account. Gmail does not lock email.

Or, if there is a robust password for the email don't lock the emails or account.

Or, maybe users agree with Rogers to not lock their emails or account.

Or, account holder contact Rogers in advance of an overseas visit so that log-in from an abroad IP address is expected. This would save Rogers agents considerable time compared to sorting out locked email and account problems.

Thoughts, Rogers?

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers / Shaw email account and VPN or Travel Abroad.

RogersMoin

Hello, @Rick_in_PoMo.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community!

Not having access to emails, especially when travelling, can be inconvenient. Have you encountered this issue on an email app/client or webmail?

Please share your Shaw email concerns with all the relevant details on the Shaw Internet Board so we can better assist you.

We are glad to have you in the Rogers Shaw family!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Rick_in_PoMo
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using an email app on an Android phone. However, I don't see what difference this makes to being locked out.

Clarke3
I've been here awhile
I have had the same problem, so frustrating! Not only was there no access to email on app or webmail, there was no ability to link to chat on My Shaw! (Message was "access denied"). No Whats App or text capability. We were travelling in UK. A technical support person eventually told me that the app and Shaw chat may not work everywhere in world!! Consumers should be informed of these limitations, or Shaw should be better aligned with needs of international travellers.

Clarke3
I've been here awhile

Any reply from Shaw? So many people are having this same problem.

Rick_in_PoMo
I've been here awhile

Hi Clarke3,

I have to post in Shaw website and haven't done that yet. Not sure why Rogers can't answer as they own Shaw.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation