No sound

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: No sound

I ended up getting into Live Chat when the box went black. (No image in tv) after a little while we managed to get picture, but it was purple, still no sound. After we ruled out the HDMI as an issue we scheduled an appointment for a replacement.
Today hubs switched it on and it works fine. Still going to switch it out.
Hopefully our Roger's journey starts going a little more smoothly!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

New TV. No sound on cable.

Hey there , so I got a new tv today , hooked up my Rogers box and there’s no sound but the picture is there !? I have tried a new HDMI cord and still nothing ... but my DVD player works and has sound and the smart settings ( Netflix , YouTube ) all work and have sound also !!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try going into the sound settings.  Changing from Fixed to Wide, etc.
It may not be liking one of the settings that the box is currently set to.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Go into Settings - Audio - Audio Output and choose "other" instead of DD, or vice versa.  Also change Volume Control to "Fixed", not "variable".  Change Audio Range to "narrow". This is usually best for TVs.  Make sure the audio language is set to "English".

I've Been Around

Hi there! We just got a Toshiba 4K smart TV with FireTV (I believe), model 49LF21C19. We have no sound when the TV is on cable (Rogers) mode. The picture is great, absolutley no sound. There is sound on Netflix etc. Tried reprogramming the remote and have checked all audio settings. Any ideas?

Hello, @ColetteH.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

Congratulations on your smart TV! I agree it would be more fun with audible audio. Smiley Happy

Let's figure out why there is no sound; please answer the following:

• Have you checked if the sound on the cable box is muted?
  • Is the volume on the TV turned up?
  • Have you tried different HDMI ports on the TV?
  • Do you have an AV receiver between the cable box and the TV? 
  • Have you tried launching a built-in app like YouTube and played any video? And the sound works?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin