Digital adapter malfunctioning

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Digital adapter malfunctioning

Hello Rogers community.

As some of you know, my parents ordered the DTA50 box to replace a broken Cable STB. It came in the mail and on the weekend we tried to hook it up.

I am not getting any picture or green light on the DTA-50, just static as if nothing is connected to the cable outlet on the TV. I tried the selector switch to channel 3 and 4, and tried tuning both 3 and 4 on the TV, and it shows the same as if there is nothing connected. I thought the box needed to be activated first before a picture will show, so I called the activation hotline and activated it, however the green light never comes on, it does not even blink or flinch when the power adaptor is connected.

My suspicion is the power adaptor transformer is toast and NOT the actual DTA unit. I have gotten replacement transformer adaptors /remote in the past, so I will try again, but the problem is I dont see my parents often I live in another city so I have to wait 3 or 4 weeks

I'm a Senior Advisor

What you ought to be seeing in the TV is a message with a number Rogers number to call to get the DTA activated.  The transformer is just a regular 5VDC one.  You can check the output with a meter and maybe even find a similar one used for one of your other devices, providing it's the correct plug and polarity.  If the voltage is there, maybe it's the connecting coax cable. I don't know how the situation is now, but when I got my DTAs, I had trouble with setting up a remote and they gave me a new one at the Rogers store.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks Oldyellr, I knew something was up. Yes I should be seeing that screen, however I'm not. I do get picture when the coax is connected directly to the analog outlet, so the coax is not bad, its just not working when I connect it to the DTA and power it up. My suspicion is the power is faulty so I'm going to try and visit my parents this weekend and see if the Rogers Plus store will exchange the power adaptor.

As for my old STB that failed, what can I do? should I have the SAB number removed from my account?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the old box is owned, and not being used anymore..  I would yes take it off..
As it will take up an 'outlet' on the account.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So it turned out my parents brand new dta50 had a faulty ac adapter but after changing it works

I'm Here A Lot

nice to know....will they exchange just the adapter or do they want the box as well?  Haven't tried changing just the adapter,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It was the faulty ac adaptor that they replaced Only. Great fast service