cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers @ Promtiondeals.ca - this a legit third party promotion group from Rogers?

G_trieu
I've been around

I received a cold call from 18655448137. The person claimed to be a Rogers promotional team member. In short, he offered an amazing deal, offered to buy out my current contract and offering a new phone and plan for an amazing deal.

I was interested in the deal, the operator transferred me to a manager. The manager's name was Mark Adams. I was a little skeptical so I asked him to send me an email confirming that they work with Rogers. He sent me a email confirming the promotion from an address of Rogers@promotiondeals.ca. The phone number they told me to call back if I had questions. Is British Columbia landline number.

They were not able to confirm any personal information to prove that they got my number from Rogers.

Does anyone know if this is a legit third party marketing vendor?

The deal is too good to be true, just want to make sure that they are legit.

Things are not adding up, he claims that they work out of Toronto but the call from a BC line.
Try to look up promotiondeals. ca  but it's a dead link

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rogers @ Promtiondeals.ca - this a legit third party promotion group from Rogers?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@G_trieu I would give this a pass.  Rogers customers routinely receive calls promising to cut your contract costs by a fairly large amount. Thats the usual spiel....  As they say, if it sounds too good to be true, thats usually the case.

Re: Rogers @ Promtiondeals.ca - this a legit third party promotion group from Rogers?

YegChicharron
I've been around

I received the same call yesterday. The deal is sketchy as it is too good to be true. (Not being racist) but the agent has a strong Indian accent and he introduced himself as Harry White and his "Agent ID" is 8018. I would say this is NOT a legitimate Rogers deal. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation