cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Mobility telemarketer scam?

yourvish
I've been around

I revived a call with unbelievable phone plan with divice offer. I asked to send me an email to confirm if it's genuine. I also have personal info as the email seem to be genuine. Info requested on phone includes Rogers and Fido account numbers, phone line numbers and recent bill amounts. Can someone see email and please confirm, as am now in doubt. rogers@enjoy-promotions.com

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rogers Mobility telemarketer scam?

RogersCorey

Hello @yourvish!

The best way to be sure is to hang up and call us or contact us directly via social media or our forums here. All of our official contact methods can be found here: www.rogers.com/contactus

In this case, this does appear to be a scam. The only information we should ever be asking of our customers is a name confirmation because we already have the rest of your information on file if you're an existing customer.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Rogers Mobility telemarketer scam?

I have received the same call from a person claiming to be a part or Roger's promotional utsource dept and they were asking to confirm my name and email on file to send me an email confirmation with special offer and which will also generate a call from a rogers official to confirm all terms and way of receiving the device, by mail or pick up at store. The person called me back a few times as I tried calling rogers in between and confirm identity or validity of the offer but got nowhere. #s i received calls from were 800 531 3978 and 416 XXX 4472 (Keep personal info private - RogersTony)

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation