cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Scam about mobile phone plan

Melonhead1
I've been around

I just got a call from someone claiming to be from Rogers Sales and promotion. First they were offering a new Samsung phone/plan for $60/mo. I said I wasn't interested. Then they said they had a phone plan for $30/mo with unlimited calling/text, to Can/US/Mexico and 1000 international minutes, and 60GB data. Said I would get a new SIM card mailed to me. Wanted my DOB, and postal code. Luckily my spidey-senses were working today. I asked if I could add the plan online - and they said no, it wasn't being offered to everyone, just 5,000 customers. So I asked for a number I could call back and they gave me 1.888.203.2875. They also said they would email me the offer (unfortunately I did give my email - but have since reported as spam and blocked). It did have the rogers logo but a couple of inconsistencies - funny grammar about not having to pay for existing plan if I was in a contract, no tax, html at the bottom. Anyway I went online to look for a real Rogers number to call - and they said there is no such offer. Remember friends, if it sounds to good to be true  - it is!

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Phone Scam about mobile phone plan

RogersMaude

Good day @Melonhead1,

We thank you for sharing your detailed account of events with us.

Being vigilant is always the right thing to do.

We apprecate you for raising awareness!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation