cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a legit email from rogers RequestedInformation@rci.rogers.com?

PandeyK
I've been here awhile

Hi, I got an email from RequestedInformation@rci.rogers.com.

The person called me over phone and the number showed me as (888) 764-3771 which is legit customer care contact number and the person offered  me good discount for a new home internet connection and she had almost all the details about me and my current internet provider. Upon asking to authenticate her so that I can confirm if she is from rogers, she emailed me ( and she had my email address on her file) from above email address. The content of the email is bottom of this post.  Based on my best knowledge the 

rci.rogers.com is a legit rogers domain, but the person was asking me for my govt id which made me a bit suspicious and when I contacted rogers agent, they told me that they never ask for Ids. Now I am wondering are these spammer so smart that they can send email from legit domain too? How do we distinguish the email spammers from legitimate senders then?

Hello Sir/Madame,

Thank you for requesting a Rogers Channel Line-up. Please see the attached document with the list of channels included in the Rogers package based on the Postal Code you provided.

Disclaimer: Please note that a Rogers Channel Line-up may change based on postal code and is subject to change without notice.

This email is automatically generated, please do not reply. This e-mail (and any attachment (s)) is confidential; if you are not the intended recipient please delete it immediately without keeping a copy.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this a legit email from rogers RequestedInformation@rci.rogers.com?

RogersZia

Hello @PandeyK,

Welcome to the Community!

I am glad you've reached out to verify if the interaction and email were legitimate or not. 

First things first, to set up a brand new account we do require 2 pieces of government-issued identification or you can substitute 1 with a valid credit card number if a credit evaluation is required. Do you have any active accounts with Rogers? Did you previously have any account with Rogers?

As for the email inquiry, the email you've mentioned above is absolutely valid, it's used to send out TV channels PDF and comparison lists. I am not sure why the representative would send you this as proof of legitimacy. 

If you've previously had a Rogers account we may be able to look up if an outbound call was made on your account. 

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersZia

Hello @PandeyK,

Welcome to the Community!

I am glad you've reached out to verify if the interaction and email were legitimate or not. 

First things first, to set up a brand new account we do require 2 pieces of government-issued identification or you can substitute 1 with a valid credit card number if a credit evaluation is required. Do you have any active accounts with Rogers? Did you previously have any account with Rogers?

As for the email inquiry, the email you've mentioned above is absolutely valid, it's used to send out TV channels PDF and comparison lists. I am not sure why the representative would send you this as proof of legitimacy. 

If you've previously had a Rogers account we may be able to look up if an outbound call was made on your account. 

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

PandeyK
I've been here awhile
Yes, I previously had a rogers home internet and I am currently having Fido.
If an agent is calling you to offer you something and to avoid this confusion that the person is legitimate for rogers agent, why can’t rogers implement a better mechanism to authenticate their agent with customers. One option could be that agent calls a customer and once he agrees to continue and want to authenticate agent then customers calls back to agent on the official rogers number and connect with ONE TIME AGENT code previously shared.
We are in a age where an incoming calls from rogers number or an incoming email from rogers domain can’t be trusted as loos like spammer has a way to spoof that.

Hello PandeyK,

We will definitely take your comments into consideration. Thanks so much for your feedback and please have a wonderful day! 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation