cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it real?????

Hollawaley
I've been here awhile

I received a call from a number claiming to be from Rogers yesterday about giving me a free new iPhone 15 Pro Max. I asked why I was qualified for the promo and was told it was because I never missed any payments. I got other messages and other information saying it would be shipped to my address between 3 - 5 business days. I woke this morning with a mail saying I signed up for a new phone and got a new contract. I immediately called the support line and was told I would get a call back from the person who reached out to me. After a few minutes, I got a call from the caller, who claimed it was a mistake and that I should be getting a new number. I then got another mail from rogers@wireless-promos.net for confirmation of the free phone. I am confused. Is this real?

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is it real?????

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't know who called you but I seriously doubt that it was from Rogers.  I sure hope that you did not give out any personal information or "verify" any of your account details.

Here is who owns the domain: https://ca.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?domain=wireless-promos.net

... and if you perform a Google search on them, nothing turns up.

If I were you, I would contact Rogers (or send a private message to @CommunityHelps ) and take steps to protect your account.  Scammers may try to obtain a phone in your name or port-out your phone number.

Hollawaley
I've been here awhile

I am still a bit confused though as I received this mail a few hours ago, I contacted Rogers this morning again though. Here's a screenshot of the emails 

Rogers II.pngRogers I.png

carriejoelle80
I plan to stick around

This is definitely false. They've called me twice this week. One time - I got all his information and refused to say anything personal about me nor did I say "yes" in the call. I immediately called Rogers and added a PIN to my account and provided them all the information about the "caller" they also verified that in the system I did not get any promotional calls. They don't sell off their lists for outside companies to call, and confirmed it was a scam.

Yesterday they called again, this time it was from "York Banquet Hall" in Toronto. As soon as he said hi I'm David from Rogers, I questioned why the display said what it said. He hung up immediately. 

I suggest you call Rogers ASAP and get them to put a PIN on your account and deal with their fraud department for any new lines added.

psyuvaraj
I've been around

Got the similar call.. They offered free trail to use the phone for 5 days of Samsung 23 Ultra. Realized definite scam. Don't give any of your personal information, even your address. 

I got the same call today.

They tried to get my email address saying they needed to verify it before they could send me the Free iPhone Pro Max 256GB. I refused and said that it is on file, so they can tell me what my email is and I will verify. The scammer keep trying, but then he just said they could send the phone without the verification and basically hung up on me. They people should all burn in . . Wasting our time, stealing from people, and just bascially wasting oxygen on this planet. If there was a Federal Scammer Bureau (FSB) slapping these folks, I'd be very motivated to work there going after these people.

What the . can they do with an email address?

I tried calling Rogers to make sure all is well, but customer service is a total nightmare everywhere these days and Rogers is no better, with prompt jail and dumb AI virtual assistants that are useless. I gave up.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation