cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: CALL CONTROL - Telus & Kudoo have it, why not Rogers?

AdamJ82
I've been around

Hi, 1st time posting here, however, it's come to a point where Spam Calls and Spam Texts are getting wayyy out of control. I'm talking 5-10 calls/texts per day. That's over 300 spam calls/texts per month. I know Telus and Kudoo have this service, but I'm not willing to switch over just for this 1 feature. I've been a Rogers user for probably 25+ years now.

For those that don't know what Call Control is, it's a feature where when someone calls you, they have to hit a certain number on their phone to get through to you. A lot of spam-auto-bot dialers don't have a keypad accessible and this requires human interaction to get through to the individual, eliminating spam calls.

I would looooove this feature and even willing to pay for it. These spam calls are disruptive and ruining our lives, taking precious time away for calls that are meaningful or business or work related.

I've included some pics of examples of how disruptive this is. All the numbers shown are spam calls.

Thank You!

-Adam

Spam Call Log 1Spam Call Log 1

Spam Call Log 2Spam Call Log 2

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Feature Request: CALL CONTROL - Telus & Kudoo have it, why not Rogers?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe there are call control apps on the web for various phones. Perhaps do some research there and try one or two out?

JoKing
I've been here awhile

Wow Rogers must really care about customers that they still didn't reply to you. LOL CALL CONTROL WOULD REALLY HELP WITH THESE SCANNERS!!!

Dragonsgate
I've been around

I have experience quite a bit more spam/scammer calls since switching to Rogers.  The Telus control feature was the best thing ever. I am seriously considering switching back to Telus just so I don't get these stupid calls anymore.  It's quite annoying and for a huge company like rogers this should be offered to customers as a standard.

Martin-F
I've been here awhile

This is slightly off topic, but after acivating the "Block Anonymous calls" feaure, i've been getting far fewer scam calls on my land line.

Goto my.shaw.ca > log in.

My Services > Phone ... Manage settings >

Privacy > Edit > 

Block calls 

…  Anonymous calls > on / off (Reject calls from unidentified numbers.)

Saw1969
I've been here awhile
I was with Rogers since 1987 and I like you was not willing to switch, but now that I switch to Telus, I would never go back to Rogers. The call control feature. The Telus has is unbelievable not even one telemarketer in the last six months that I’ve switched to Telus There is not a chance I would go back to Rogers, even if they were to pay me a monthly fee to be with them. I would still stay with Telus calls with Rogers were unbelievable way too many calls coming through always likely spam likely spam if it’s likely spam why do you even let it come through? It’s a waste of my time , Rogers, you have lost me as a customer for life
Topic Stats