cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Covid Test Scam?

Ross_W
I plan to stick around

I got an email Covid test. I clicked on Start Test. So what happens it takes me to a Rogers Webpage to fill out what I think of their service. I answered the 6 questions giving no info about internet logins as it never asked for it. I took a screenshot that shows the website.
How do I attach a screenshot of it?

*** Edited Labels ***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Email Covid Test Scam?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ross_W wrote:

Screenshot:

@Ross_W : When logged in and composing a post, click on the "camera" icon at the top of the post and you can then upload a picture. Note that it may take a few minutes for the picture to be approved by a moderator so you won't be able to see it after you post until it has been approved.

Ross_W
I plan to stick around
I don’t see anything that looks like a camera icon and I am logged in.
Ross

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you compose a post the camera icon is above where you type.  I'll include a screenshot.

Camera IconCamera Icon

Ross_W
I plan to stick around
I don’t understand why my header doesn’t show like yours. No wonder I couldn’t find the camera. There is no toolbar like yours.
I went in using My Rogers app.and it took me to this forum and I selected the discussion about Spam to post the original message. What is the proper way to get into this website?
My top of this screen says communityforums.rogers.com and just below the time on my iPhone at the top left corner,there’s a My Rogers back arrow..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry, I use a Browser (Chrome) on my Mac Mini computer.  Perhaps someone else who uses a phone can assist you.

Ross_W
I plan to stick around
Why does it matter which browser used. This website should be universal for phones and computers to do the same things. The screenshot I wanted to attach was to show the web address info. If I copied and pasted it,it would launch here if anyone clicked on it.
Thanks for trying to answer

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Hi Ross_W,

sorry but im confused, what exactly is the scam?

You received a covid test email? were you expecting this email? you answered some questions from a rogers survey? im still trying to figure out what the scam was?

Ross_W
I plan to stick around
I smelled a rat right away. But what got me was the simple questions asked and you collect your prize by clicking on it. Oh yeah? Not likely. I wanted to send a screenshot of it but on the iPhone,there is no camera icon to attach the screenshot to the message. Apparently using the chrome OS works . Anyway I went directly to Rogers spam site and was able to send it. All I wanted to do here is make folks aware of this Covid scam.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Hi Again Ross_W,

You still did not answer my question.
What exactly is the scam? Receiving an email is a normal thing, is it an unwanted email? is it an unknown sender? please elabourate

Ross_W
I plan to stick around
I sent this yesterday: I smelled a rat right away. But what got me was the simple questions asked and you collect your prize by clicking on it. Oh yeah? Not likely. I wanted to send a screenshot of it but on the iPhone,there is no camera icon to attach the screenshot to the message. Apparently using the chrome OS works . Anyway I went directly to Rogers spam site and was able to send it. All I wanted to do here is make folks aware of this Covid scam.

Ross_W
I plan to stick around
Pauly It is simple questions to answer then win a prize. Go to select the prize and click on it. This is the scam.
It had nothing to do with Rogers other than using the their name for bait.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Yes those definately can be scams I just ignore them. Scammers are known to fudge with web based advertisements to make theses sites pop up out of no where. Rogers has no authority to stop it because we all voted against net neutrality.
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation