cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diablo 4 - Post Open Beta Blues

RogersCorey

After 11 long years, the wait is almost over... Diablo 4 draws near.

"By three they come. By three, thy way opens. By the blood of the willing, we call thee home. Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith."

The story of Diablo 4 harkens back to its origin story. The creator of the world that Diablo takes place in, the mother of the Nephilim and by extension, humanity, is the primary villain. What a twist! I fear what we may learn in this entry will change the way we look at Sanctuary forever!

Did anyone else get a chance to play the beta over the past two weekends? I myself tried out the Druid and the Barbarian. Although the character creator isn't quite as detailed as I would like, it still allowed me to recreate the same iconic look I use in every RPG for my main character since the 90s! The Druid was a lot of fun, transforming between a bear and a wolf was a joy. The Barbarian was very familiar but with the new feeling that he's a walking arsenal of martial weapons. Most RPGs don't really let warriors use multiple weapons simultaneously to become a true master of arms like this!

With crossplay enabled, there's no limits to who you can play with! For far too long our choice of platform has kept us all from playing together. Friends separated by platforms are separated no more and I couldn't be more excited about it. 

As I've neglected to build a new gaming PC in recent years... I plan on buying the game on PS5 and I'll be taking advantage of couch co-op so that my wife and I can play together at the same time, without the need for two systems and two clients. For those of you with families, this particular feature is a real boon. No fighting over who gets to play!

The wait until June 6th feels like a long one after the beta got its hooks in me. I just didn't want to put it down! I've noticed that Diablo 2: Resurrected is currently on sale for approximately $20 on PSN and the temptation to buy it to hold me over until Diablo 4 is real! 

What about you all? Are you as excited as I am? What class do you plan to play first? Have you booked vacation time to play uninterrupted at launch? If you haven't, you better put in your requests now! 😉

I'll see you all online!

Diablo.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Diablo 4 - Post Open Beta Blues

RogersJermaine

I can’t believe it’s been 11 years since Diablo 3. I thoroughly enjoy this series so I will be getting this one for sure. My favourite memory is still from Diablo 1. “Ahh…fresh meat”. I think I almost broke my mouse clicking the left button so hard the way I was trying to run away. Lucky enough I had a town portal spell and was able to get out of there. Good times.

Re: Diablo 4 - Post Open Beta Blues

chargris
I plan to stick around
It looks really fun!
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 3 in conversation