Gamecentre Live e-mail says I have it free for the full season

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

I received an e-mail message telling me this---   

Dear NANCY, Get more hockey action this season – in a big way! As a thank you for being a Rogers Share Everything customer, we're giving you a FREE subscription to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ for the entire 2014-15 season.* A value of $200.

BUT when I accepted I am told it is only free until December 31st   Which one is true??  I do not want to be billed!

Please respond?

Thank you 

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/nhl?asc_icid=home-in-the-spotlight_GCL_slot-1

While GCL is free for all rogers customers till the end of Dec..

Looks like they have added the above listed promo.

Anyone on one of the current SHARE EVERYTHING phone plans... or that has the hybrid 60 or faster internet (again current plans)....

Can get a free subscription to it, till the end of the season.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The sad thing, free subscription not withstanding, is that other devices such as Sony Smart TVs or Blu-Ray players will not be supported at all by Rogers this season. In the past, I could have subscribed to NHL GameCenter Live through the NHL.com site. The Sony devices actually require an NHL.com user name and password. Your Rogers user name and password is not recognized. But hey -------------- try and sign up through NHL.com for GameCenter Live and low and behold, the page is hijacked by Rogers. Epic fail Rogers!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Gamecentre Live e-mail says I have it free for the full season

EVERY rogers customer right now, can sign up for it, and have it free till Dec 31st, so i am guessing that its the default message being put out right now.

Everyone else that has a qualifying package (wireless and internet) is suposed to get it till the end of season.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

As a Rogers Share Everything customer, Nancy would qualify for GameCenter Live for the whole season. There is no default email. Only people that have a qualifying package are eligible to receive GameCenter Live until the end of the season. I have not received one despite the fact that we spend almost $300 per month with Rogers because we do not have a qualifying package. The fact that Nancy is being jerked around by Rogers is not surprising as it appears that Rogers has not planned well for this roll-out of GameCenter Live at all!
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Tons JohnnyRockets for speaking out for me!!    Is confusing for sure!!  Thanks and you are right on that...  Also spending as much as you do per month ...  That alone should be enough to qualify!!  Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Neither of us work for rogers, so exactly what his happening, is speculation on either of our parts.

To ASSUME that they are getting screwed around...
Considering ther CURRENT Promotion for it, is for ANY customer.. likey any person signing up right now would likely get the same reply (if there is no logic in the reply program to say check for the other availability).
But i could be wrong.

FancyNancy503 is best to cotact rogers directly on this (as we are all users here), and get the information from them, if they have it.
Call, live chat, twitter @rogershelps, or their facebook page.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am Currently on share everything plan and I just talked to a rep and he said no matter what plan your on its only free till dec 31st what a rip off

-----rep just called me back to admit he was wrong and it is indeed free for the entire season for share everything customers ....good news  Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That rep was mistaken, not trained, or miss informed.

There is advertisments EVERYWHERE saying otherwise.

Multiple things on TV.... here..
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/nhl?asc_icid=home-in-the-spotlight_GCL_slot-1

The CURRENT promotion, is that till dec 31st ANY rogers customers can... but after that.. share everthing and 60/10 internet users or higher can get it for the rest of the season.

There just likely isnt a 'different' signup for it.. either people on the share everything may have to re-sign up after dec 31st.. or it might just cary over.

I've Been Here Awhile

rep just called me back to admit he was wrong and it is indeed free for the entire season for share everything customers ....good news  Smiley Happy