cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only my 4K channels are working--what happened?

Adomo25
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I woke up and somehow only my 4k channels work on my Xi6-T box. I can see the guide, the three dots when the picture loads, but ultimately get a XRE-03090 error code on all non-4k channels.

Has anyone run into this before?  I've tried the usual troubleshooting. I power cycled the modem, the Xi6-T, still nothing. I've changed display resolution on the box out of curiosity but that didn't help. 

Really not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Only my 4K channels are working--what happened?

Adomo25
I've been here awhile

Hi,
I was given a new Xi6-T box and all is working now.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Adomo25 wrote:

I was wondering if someone could help me. I woke up and somehow only my 4k channels work on my Xi6-T box. I can see the guide, the three dots when the picture loads, but ultimately get a XRE-03090 error code on all non-4k channels.

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

XRE-03090 is a very non-specific message that gets displayed when a network stream cannot be established.  The last time that I saw it was in the middle of the night when Rogers was doing maintenance that took out my Internet connectivity.  It can also be caused by back-end problems with the Ignite TV service.  I have never heard of anybody only being able to watch 4K channels, nothing else.

If XRE-03090 is caused by a network connectivity problem, it's usually an intermittent issue... and power-cycling the Ignite XB6 gateway will reset and re-initialize your IPv4 and IPv6 network connectivity.

If it's due to a back-end issue, performing a "System Refresh" on MyRogers or on the Ignite set-top box (press the "A" button on the remote to access the Help screen, then select "System Refresh") should fix that as well.

Do you have the Ignite set-top box connected through your own router or are you only using the Rogers-supplied equipment?

Adomo25
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I usually run it through my Google mesh but I've also tried the wifi straight from the modem and the issue persists.

I've chatted with tech support and they are stumped as well. We did the usual power cycling things and I had done a system refresh on the box earlier in the day. Nothing seems to work.

They are sending a tech out tomorrow and I'll update after that. I'm guessing that maybe the Xi6 box has an issue?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Adomo25 wrote:
Hi,

I usually run it through my Google mesh but I've also tried the wifi straight from the modem and the issue persists.
I'm guessing that maybe the Xi6 box has an issue?

I don't know the details of your network setup and how you have everything configured so I can only provide limited assistance.

Ignite TV does work with (most) 3rd-party Wi-Fi solutions and Rogers initially offered the eero mesh system to their customers.  With that set-up, the XB6 is configured in "gateway" mode with Wi-Fi disabled and the eero mesh is put into bridge mode.  Unfortunately, the Google mesh cannot operate in that configuration:

Note: Bridge mode will only work if you’re using a single Wifi device. If you want to create a mesh network with multiple devices, your router or primary Wifi point cannot be in Bridge mode.

If you plug your Google mesh into an XB6 that is in "gateway" mode, you will have one router/firewall device connecting through another router/firewall device.  This will probably break IPv6 connectivity and the IPv4 traffic on your network will be flowing in a double-NAT configuration.  I also don't know what "intelligence" or "security features" the Google mesh has enabled or what effect it will have on the Ignite TV set-top boxes' connectivity.

Ignite TV REQUIRES working IPv6 connectivity.  If IPv6 is broken but you still have good IPv4 connectivity, Ignite TV will fall back to IPv4 but channel changes will be slow.  If IPv4 connectivity is also problematic, you'll run into bizarre problems and errors such as XRE-03090.

Adomo25
I've been here awhile

Hi,
I was given a new Xi6-T box and all is working now.

Thanks for your help.

How do I get the new box

Hello, @AnnaMclaughlin.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for joining this conversation; we need more details to help find a solution for you. 

Would you please answer the following: 

• Are you not getting 4K channels? 
  • Is this happening with more than one box?
  • When was the last time you could see a 4K channel?
  • Do you get any error messages on 4K channels?

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation