cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livestreaming CTV on my Freedom Phone

icecream246
I've been here awhile

Hi - I've got my cell phone with freedom mobile & my tv with Rogers. I want to livestream CTV on my (freedom mobile) cell. How do I do this & what's the cost/month. Or do I need to set this up through my mobile provider? Thanks! 

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Livestreaming CTV on my Freedom Phone

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you tried the CTV App? Install this app and sign in with your MyRogers Credentials, provided your tv account is listed on your myrogers profile when you logged in,  then it should work

Additionally, I believe you can also install the Rogers Ignite TV app and watch "Some" live channels, I can not confirm if CTV is one of them, but I'm guessing you are referring to the Toronto CTV Feed, which is known as CFTO TV, Channel 9 in Toronto, Cable 8

Give it a try and let us know.

icecream246
I've been here awhile
Hi Pauly - you are correct in your answer. The CTV app allows me to watch almost everything but live content is 'locked.' There's a fee for livestream. So I'm wondering if I should contact rogers, my TV provider, or Freedom, my mobile provider. Thanks - erin

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The CTV App has a Login / Sign in thru your TV provider, you will login here with your TV provider credentials, this is how they know your a TV Subscriber, once you sign in, as long as your My Rogers Profile has your TV account tied to it, the CTV App will know your a customer, so you will get the CTV channels

Are you signing in thru your TV provider?  if yes, you might want to Call Rogers Ignite TV and do some troubleshooting over the phone with them,  perhaps they will have you check your network connection, wifi, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned by @Pauly : Your best bet may be to install the IgniteTV app on your phone.  You can then use your Rogers credentials to sign in using that. If you're on your home network, you will be able to stream all the channels you subscribe to.  If you are elsewhere, but inside Canada, then you will be able to stream any of the "TV Go" channels, but CTV is one of them as are many other CTV channels, like news, 2, etc.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can watch the channel from Rogers Ignite App, or you can watch the channel on the CTV App/Website, as long as you are logging in with the correct credentials, and your myRogers self serve account is tied to your correct account number.

Remember, the myRogers account is the key to identifying your a rogers customer, but when you create your myRogers account, it does not have an account number, you need to "link" it to your account number which your services are registered to. as long as this is done correctly, you should not have any issues.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation