cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPIA - Hitron Modem - Intermittent Internet

brandonkxxx
I've been here awhile

HITRON CDA3-20 MODEM. Keeps disconnecting as though the signal is being lost, but signal strength is good. Happening every 5-20 minutes all day, usually on weekends, for the past 2 weeks. Etobicoke area. Anyone else experiencing this? Tech Support on the phone was no help. Modem has been power cycled, and reset using the button at the back with a pen. When its connect the speed is great so thats not the issue.

From the modem's logs:

1 MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1

2 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
3 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out
4 TCS Partial Service;
6 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;

HW Version 1A
SW Version 4.5.0.14

3 REPLIES 3

Re: TPIA - Hitron Modem - Intermittent Internet

RogersMoin

Hello, @brandonkxxx

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The intermittent Internet service can certainly be bothersome. Most of the error messages in the log files describes the normal operation of the modem unless they are in large numbers within a short span of time.

Based on the modem model and the firmware you have listed, are you getting your Internet service through a TPIA provider?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

brandonkxxx
I've been here awhile

Correct, TekSavvy. Though, I spoke with them at length on the phone and we were not able to solve this issue.

Hello, @brandonkxxx

Thank you for the confirmation. I understand the reason behind posting your concern in the Rogers Community Forums, however, I suggest posting it in your service provider's forums so that you may find an appropriate solution. 

You're welcome to post the Downstream/Upstream signal levels table, the advanced users and the resident experts may chime in and provide their insights on the issue. 

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation