Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

You don't need to be a Rogers customer - you can get credits once a year, which is not much different from many cards, although it's not automatic.  From the T&Cs.

You may also redeem your Rewards in the form of an annual statement credit to your Account by calling Rogers Bank at 1 855 775-2265. You must request an annual statement credit for each year that you wish to receive it by December 1st of that year. Annual statement credits will be awarded in January of the following year and the amount credited will be the total dollar value of the balance of your Platinum Rewards Account as of the date the credit is issued to your Account.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@lnw18 wrote:

the credits earned can only be obtained if applied against Rogers purchases. 

So there is no point in  someone not a Rogers customer getting  a Rogers mastercard ?

I don't know about most people, but rewards are not the primary purpose for me to get a credit card, although it's okay if that works for you. I have 3 credit cards. I never thought I would need a second one because I always pay my balance off each month, but I've been the victim of CC fraud a few times so getting a second one was necessary while waiting for a new primary one. Then I got suckered into a PC Mastercard for a bag of cookies, which I now only use for gas purchases. No harm in having multiple credit cards so long as they don't cost anything and you keep track and pay them off each month.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Credit card has no real purpose if you don’t buy any Rogers products.  As spelled out credits can only be applied to Rogers purchases

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lnw18 : I suggest you read post 11 of this thread.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I don't know about most people, but rewards are not the primary purpose for me to get a credit card, although it's okay if that works for you. 

Since there is no bonus for paying cash anymore if you can get a 1.5% reward for using  your card and then paying it off by the due date ....it's not hard to accrue a  $200-300 reward over the year . Even with a credit card  it should not be about whether it costs YOU anything but how much THEY are going to pay YOU for your business . Smiley Wink

Bummer about the fraud tho ....may karma bite the fraudsters  hard . 

@lnw18 ... maybe that info you read  was not as uncomplicated  as you thought .  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi - I just tried to redeem a bunch of points on my Rogers Bank MC towards a bill payment on my wireless phone account through the mobile app. Seemed easy enough. However, I got an email a couple days later saying the redemption was ineligible (even though the app said it was, and allowed me to actually do it!). 

On top of that, after being notified that the transaction was ineligible, the points I redeemed were never returned to my account. So now I'm out of a boatload of points AND a transaction that on paper looked eligible is not eligible. 

PS - the email address on the MC pay with rewards website for 'Contact Us' sends me a bounce back. 

Hello @JS811906,

We appreciate your presence in the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 🙂

It's one thing that your points redemption got declined after submission, but I'm super shocked and disappointed to hear that these points were not credited back to your account afterward!

If you still do not see your points returned to your account, I would definitely recommend that you reach out to our Rogers Bank Customer Care team for help. I wish we could check into this for you here in the Community Forums, but unfortunately, we do not have access to the tools needed to investigate further.

Here is how you can contact our Rogers Bank Customer Care team:

By Phone: 1-855-775-2265 (Available 24/7)

After speaking with them, feel free to post an update in the Community as we would love to know the outcome!

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

does anyone know if Shaw internet is considered an "eligible" purchase?  we have rogers phone out here but only Shaw for internet. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DontWantThis : Check out the following thread regarding new eligibility rules.  Although I don't know about Shaw Internet, a huge number of purchases are now eligible.  I just reviewed my recent purchases and found the following available for redemption:

- Some groceries

- Some Liquor store purchases

- Some restaurants

- Some other shopping.

I don't believe you should find any problems redeeming your points for something as I found about 30% of my purchases qualify.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Lounge/Rogers-Mastercard-Redeeming-your-rewards-just...

I've Been Here Awhile

thats helpful thanks.

I wasnt thinking about redeeming though. I was wondering about purchases with the card. Are ALLpurchases eligible for 1% back regardless of the categories? Or are some purchases just 0 cash back?  If I make my shaw bill come off this card now, will I get any "rewards" for that.. or do I just get nothing because its not in a category?