Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Mastercard - Redeeming your rewards just got a lot easier

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got an e-mail this morning regarding a new way to redeem points:

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/how_to_redeem_your_cash_back_rewards

Your rewards. Your way. On your terms:  Starting February 26, 2019, you'll be able to redeem your Rogers BankTM Mastercard® cash back rewards¹ anywhere Mastercard® is accepted. 

Want to use your rewards for dining out, gas or groceries? Go for it! What about using them towards your next family vacation? Great idea! You can even use your rewards to pay down monthly expenses like your Rogers or Fido bill. 

Redeeming is easy:
Buy yourself whatever you want using your Rogers Bank Mastercard, then go into your Mastercard® Pay with Rewards™ app and select 'redeem'. You can use your cash back rewards to pay for some or all of your purchase, as long as you redeem for a minimum of $20 in cash back rewards. Redeem as often as you want! 

Plus, there's no restrictions, rewards caps or blackout periods, and no points or math – dollar for dollar, what you earn² is what you can redeem, anywhere you want.
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Rogers Mastercard - Redeeming your rewards just got a lot easier

coreycake
I've been around

i cant find anything on your website indicating where i can redeem my points. can you still redeem at the home shopping channel? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@coreycake : The reason the website doesn't tell you any more is because you can redeem the points for anything you want, starting February 26th. See the first post of this thread. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a few comments about the change that took place on February 26th as noted in post 1 of this thread.

1. Despite the title of this thread, redeeming points did not get easier for me.  My points used to be automatically applied against the amount of my Rogers Cable bill around the middle of the month.  This automatic redemption is no longer in place.  Nowhere in the e-mail (post 1) does it state this.

2. This means that anyone who was on the automatic redemptions must now redeem points manually.  With the changes to the new website, this is another feature that we used to have that has gone away.

3. I never used the app, but apparently the app is fairly easy to use to apply points.  Someone who uses the app may be able to comment further here.

4. I always used the Rogers MC website to check balances, reward status, etc and on the website it's (now) a bit more difficult to manually request rewards.  It's also not very intuitive. On the website the rewards are set up so that any rewards balance (over $20) can be manually applied to your next purchase, not to some previous purchase. My issue with this is that I don't always know what or how much my next purchase will be and I typically do 30-50 purchases a month.  So, if I have $100 in rewards and my next purchase is $25, then only $25 will be applied and I'll have to do another manual redemption until my rewards are used up.  This could become a pain.  

5. I guess I'll have to look into using the App as it may be easier to use.

6. The fact that you can redeem rewards towards any purchase is probably a good thing for most people, but for some people the automatic route was preferred and has been taken away.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As an experiment I downloaded the Pay With Rewards app to my iPad (easier to use than my phone).  It's fairly easy to set up and relatively intuitive.  I redeemed some rewards without fuss.  I guess I'll use this in future instead of the website for redeeming rewards.  Here's the link:

Not quite as easy as the automatic redemption, but it can be done anytime you have over $20 and also can exceed the amount that I usually pay Rogers each month.  I also received an e-mail, as before, when the redemption went through.

KronickR
I've been around

Just wanted to thank-you for your post. I feel the exact same as you do. I used to pay my Rogers phone using my Rogers MasterCard reward points every month and I didn't have to lift a finger.

Rob 

stoneball
I plan to stick around

ive used the app on ipad to redeem twice now but why do i need to login w new country/pw/ms card # /secret word every time i redeem! Smiley Sad

@57 wrote:

As an experiment I downloaded the Pay With Rewards app to my iPad (easier to use than my phone).  It's fairly easy to set up and relatively intuitive.  I redeemed some rewards without fuss.  I guess I'll use this in future instead of the website for redeeming rewards.  Here's the link:

Not quite as easy as the automatic redemption, but it can be done anytime you have over $20 and also can exceed the amount that I usually pay Rogers each month.  I also received an e-mail, as before, when the redemption went through.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stoneball wrote:

ive used the app on ipad to redeem twice now but why do i need to login w new country/pw/ms card # /secret word every time i redeem! Smiley Sad

Don't log out and you can avoid that. When you click the app you'll be prompted for your PIN only.

pkcrawford
I plan to stick around

It would be so nice if we could just set things up to redeem points on all future transactions instead of just the next transaction.  In my opinion, this is much less convenient than the old method.

I don't know where and how to get the piont/cash back. I have never cashed it since I open my Rogers' account yeas ago. It should be huge.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@leojiewu wrote: I don't know where and how to get the piont/cash back. 

Looks like your post was moved to this existing thread.  Please read earlier posts. You should download the "pay with rewards" app to one of your devices and redeem points once you start the app.  I'm not actually sure if the points "roll over" after more than a year, but you should be able to check that once you open the app and see what you have.  If it's a large amount, you may need to redeem several times against several qualifying purchases.  It's very easy and I don't know why you wouldn't take advantage of this each month or at least several times a year.

Shelleymj
I've been here awhile
I have redeemed my points on three purchases. How long does it take to see that transaction and will the 400 I redeemed show up as a credit on my card?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The redemption is immediate and I have my notifications set up to shoot me an e-mail whenever I redeem. That e-mail comes right away.

The credit may take a few days to show on your statement.  I usually redeem my points about 4 days before my statement date. That way the credit is applied to that statement instead of the next one a month later.

Shelleymj
I've been here awhile
Ok yes I did get notice that it had been completed but didn’t see it anywhere on my account! Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

Icejackel
I've been around
I'm confused and lost. I got the card due to seeing cash back and as I have 2 teens entering college and university great card to have but . Only having the card less then 3 months I got no cash back for 5 items total over 4k . I tried calling and asking but the lady answering left me with I should get 1.5 every purchase only 3 items u could click for cash back. The expensive items nothing .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe you may be confused as to how things work.  After spending a total of around $4k, you should have about $60 in rebates available to you.  You can get this "cash back" on any items that allow for redemptions, but you need to "ask" for the redemption via the app or on the website.  Say you purchased something for $80 and it allows redemptions, then you simply ask for cash back on that item and you should receive a $60 rebate on your next statement.  Or you could use more than one qualifying item if you don't have any qualifying purchases over $60.

Spruhasush
I've been here awhile

How to use Rogers redemption bonus which is greater than other rewards available (cash back) for my online rogers mobile bill payment?  

I do not find redeem against the bill payment that is automated through rogers mastercard? It would be great if i get some inputs for it.

Thank you.

Hello, @Spruhasush.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for joining this conversation. 

It definitely makes sense to redeem the cashback towards Rogers's bill payment. You need to set up automatic payments with your Rogers Mastercard.

When your Rogers Mastercard is linked with your MyRogers account, you will see the option shown below under your Rogers bill:

Rogers Bank app | Rewards | Cash Back

Just tap the link to redeem the bonus.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Spruhasush
I've been here awhile

I do have automatic payment set up from my rogers mastercard but i do not get redeem option under my rogers bill payment as the example above 😞 

I get redeem option for other grocery expenses, but the cash back reward is lesser than the rogers bonus redemption 😐

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spruhasush : Did you get the Red Mastercard recently?  If so, you need to wait for your next Rogers Auto Payment to appear and you can then redeem against it.  Also, you need to use the Rogers Bank app on a phone or tablet to redeem.  

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 10 in conversation