I got an e-mail this morning regarding a new way to redeem points:
Your rewards. Your way. On your terms: Starting February 26, 2019, you'll be able to redeem your Rogers BankTM Mastercard® cash back rewards¹ anywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
Want to use your rewards for dining out, gas or groceries? Go for it! What about using them towards your next family vacation? Great idea! You can even use your rewards to pay down monthly expenses like your Rogers or Fido bill.
Redeeming is easy:
Buy yourself whatever you want using your Rogers Bank Mastercard, then go into your Mastercard® Pay with Rewards™ app and select 'redeem'. You can use your cash back rewards to pay for some or all of your purchase, as long as you redeem for a minimum of $20 in cash back rewards. Redeem as often as you want!
Plus, there's no restrictions, rewards caps or blackout periods, and no points or math – dollar for dollar, what you earn² is what you can redeem, anywhere you want.
i cant find anything on your website indicating where i can redeem my points. can you still redeem at the home shopping channel?
I have a few comments about the change that took place on February 26th as noted in post 1 of this thread.
1. Despite the title of this thread, redeeming points did not get easier for me. My points used to be automatically applied against the amount of my Rogers Cable bill around the middle of the month. This automatic redemption is no longer in place. Nowhere in the e-mail (post 1) does it state this.
2. This means that anyone who was on the automatic redemptions must now redeem points manually. With the changes to the new website, this is another feature that we used to have that has gone away.
3. I never used the app, but apparently the app is fairly easy to use to apply points. Someone who uses the app may be able to comment further here.
4. I always used the Rogers MC website to check balances, reward status, etc and on the website it's (now) a bit more difficult to manually request rewards. It's also not very intuitive. On the website the rewards are set up so that any rewards balance (over $20) can be manually applied to your next purchase, not to some previous purchase. My issue with this is that I don't always know what or how much my next purchase will be and I typically do 30-50 purchases a month. So, if I have $100 in rewards and my next purchase is $25, then only $25 will be applied and I'll have to do another manual redemption until my rewards are used up. This could become a pain.
5. I guess I'll have to look into using the App as it may be easier to use.
6. The fact that you can redeem rewards towards any purchase is probably a good thing for most people, but for some people the automatic route was preferred and has been taken away.
As an experiment I downloaded the Pay With Rewards app to my iPad (easier to use than my phone). It's fairly easy to set up and relatively intuitive. I redeemed some rewards without fuss. I guess I'll use this in future instead of the website for redeeming rewards. Here's the link:
Not quite as easy as the automatic redemption, but it can be done anytime you have over $20 and also can exceed the amount that I usually pay Rogers each month. I also received an e-mail, as before, when the redemption went through.
Just wanted to thank-you for your post. I feel the exact same as you do. I used to pay my Rogers phone using my Rogers MasterCard reward points every month and I didn't have to lift a finger.
ive used the app on ipad to redeem twice now but why do i need to login w new country/pw/ms card # /secret word every time i redeem!
Don't log out and you can avoid that. When you click the app you'll be prompted for your PIN only.
It would be so nice if we could just set things up to redeem points on all future transactions instead of just the next transaction. In my opinion, this is much less convenient than the old method.
I don't know where and how to get the piont/cash back. I have never cashed it since I open my Rogers' account yeas ago. It should be huge.