Problem receiving Facebook email-to-SMS recovery email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Problem receiving Facebook email-to-SMS recovery email

Facebook reset a bunch of login sessions today following a breach. i.e. I am logged out and need to login again.

I have not known my password for a while. A few months ago, I wanted to log in on my tablet and tried to reset my  password. I also tried changing my recovery email on the phone as I was already logged on,  but it required current password as confirmation. At that time, and now today, I am not receiving the code to my email address which is

1xxxxxxxxxx@pcs.rogers.com
I can send myself an email here and I receive it by text AOK.
I regularly receive emails here from other services AOK.

I am just not receiving any from Facebook!

I emptied the blocked list.

Is there something else that must be enabled ?

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Problem receiving Facebook email-to-SMS recovery email

Okay, it seems they logged me out of the FB app, but I still have access to FB on my PC at the moment.
My recovery email @Pcs.rogers.com has not been verified, so FB is probably not even using it yet.

No to figure out why the confirmation to gmail is not arriving!

Re: Problem receiving Facebook email-to-SMS recovery email

Hi @jand_ottawa!

While we don't typically offer Facebook support, I can point you in the right direction. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't access an account.

This is the article you need first: I can’t reset my password because I can't access the email or mobile phone number on my account.

Once you recover your account, setup Two-Factor authentication to protect your account and make it easier to recover in the future: What is two-factor authentication and how does it work? You should always setup Two-Factor authentication whenever the option is available. It stops attempts to steal your account in their tracks.

Regards,

RogersCorey