cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem receiving Facebook email-to-SMS recovery email

jand_ottawa
I plan to stick around

Facebook reset a bunch of login sessions today following a breach. i.e. I am logged out and need to login again.

I have not known my password for a while. A few months ago, I wanted to log in on my tablet and tried to reset my  password. I also tried changing my recovery email on the phone as I was already logged on,  but it required current password as confirmation. At that time, and now today, I am not receiving the code to my email address which is

1xxxxxxxxxx@pcs.rogers.com
I can send myself an email here and I receive it by text AOK.
I regularly receive emails here from other services AOK.

I am just not receiving any from Facebook!

I emptied the blocked list.

Is there something else that must be enabled ?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Problem receiving Facebook email-to-SMS recovery email

jand_ottawa
I plan to stick around

Okay, it seems they logged me out of the FB app, but I still have access to FB on my PC at the moment.
My recovery email @Pcs.rogers.com has not been verified, so FB is probably not even using it yet.

No to figure out why the confirmation to gmail is not arriving!

Re: Problem receiving Facebook email-to-SMS recovery email

Hi @jand_ottawa!

While we don't typically offer Facebook support, I can point you in the right direction. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't access an account.

This is the article you need first: I can’t reset my password because I can't access the email or mobile phone number on my account.

Once you recover your account, setup Two-Factor authentication to protect your account and make it easier to recover in the future: What is two-factor authentication and how does it work? You should always setup Two-Factor authentication whenever the option is available. It stops attempts to steal your account in their tracks.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation