cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Wrestling Discussion

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I figured it's a bit overdue for a thread like this. So let's go nuts!

Whether it is praise, anger, happiness, joy, or sorrow; and any company whether it be WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW, the indies; and whether it is classic stuff or new stuff, whatever you like.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: General Wrestling Discussion

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

So let's start current. Wrestlemania 32 was one of the best since Wrestlemania 19 (in my opinion of course).

Roman Reigns is a good champion but it's kind of at the John Cena sorta of stage where he is a good guy getting booed all the time. I am however glad to see AJ Styles get put right into the main event against him. At least creative is doing one thing right.

I'm also really really P'O'ed about my favorite, Damien Sandow, getting released recently. I loved his gimmick and felt they wasted him and fed him to "Big Match John" a while back. He is way too talented and got shafted I think.

@lockdown2341 wrote:

So let's start current. Wrestlemania 32 was one of the best since Wrestlemania 19 (in my opinion of course).

Roman Reigns is a good champion but it's kind of at the John Cena sorta of stage where he is a good guy getting booed all the time. I am however glad to see AJ Styles get put right into the main event against him. At least creative is doing one thing right.

I'm also really really P'O'ed about my favorite, Damien Sandow, getting released recently. I loved his gimmick and felt they wasted him and fed him to "Big Match John" a while back. He is way too talented and got shafted I think.

@lockdown2341

I agree that Wrestlemania 32 was very good, although I think Wrestlemania 31 was also. I couldn't believe the dive that Shane McMahon took off the top of the cage. I can't fathom how guys do things like that and don't end up dead or in a hospital. I vividly remember the May 1999 accident Owen Hart had falling from more than 50 feet up to the ring. That killed him almost instantly.

I wasn't aware that Damion Sandow was let go. I did know that I haven't seen him in quite a long time. Afer they finished the Mizdow gimmick, which I thought was totally stupid, he faded out of sight. That's too bad. He was an interesting guy.

AJ Styles is a welcome addition to the WWE. I like his style (no pun intended). It will be interesting to see what happens with him and his 2 "buddies" that wrestled with him in other countries, such as Japan. It sure didn't take long for him to be the number one contender for the WWE title. That is something I don't understand. The rivalry with Roman Reigns and the Usos promises to be interesting. I don't really understand what's going on with the Usos. They've really gone downhill since they held the tag team champsionship. It seems like they're incapable of winning matches these days. Maybe they're on their way out too.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jimboden

Its all scripted. The usos don't have a say in their matches if they win or lose. It's all up to the creative team which does that and Vince. It seems like WWE is going downhill and in my eyes just like many others, they will release most of the current stars to favour the ones in NXT and the ones they sign from other platforms.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @jimboden

Its all scripted. The usos don't have a say in their matches if they win or lose. It's all up to the creative team which does that and Vince. It seems like WWE is going downhill and in my eyes just like many others, they will release most of the current stars to favour the ones in NXT and the ones they sign from other platforms.

@Meowmix

Of course it's all scripted and always has been. I'm getting a laugh about Shane and Stephanie burying the hatchet and playing nice with each other. Let's see how long that lasts.

I take your point about NXT and it sure seems that way. I wonder if Triple H is spending all his time there. He hasn't been on a WWE show for quite a while.

I don't get to watch NXT much despite having the network. There was a guy on there a few weeks back and his in-ring name was, litterally, "No Way Jose". He had a catchy entrance theme and a lot of charisma. But his ring name has me confused as to whether it's brilliant or stupid.

They say that AJ has some nagging back injuries. I really hope he doesn't go down with injuries like seemingly everyone else.

Injuries certainly seem to be a big problem these days. I noticed on the last Raw broadcast that John Cena is coming back in another couple of weeks. I wasn't sure if he was off due to injury, or because he was busy making movies. It's had to tell with these guys sometimes. Randy Orton has been off for a long time too. I wonder what's up with him. It will be interesting to see when Seth Rollins returns from his injury last year.

Guys,

It's going to be a very interesting few weeks.  My thoughts:

- Cena & Bray are back, AJ/Gallows/Anderson are tearing it up, and Nattie is finally a bad girl! I hope she finally captures the title - she deserves it.

- The brand split will be something to keep an eye on - what NXT talents do you see coming to the red / blue brands?

- It seems what WWE considers their "top talent" are spread too thin, while a bunch of stars who could be GREAT are hardly being used or appearing on Main Event/Superstars and not the main shows.

- Looking forward to injured stars coming back - Orton, Neville, Emma, etc...the brand split can finally give them some time to shine.

And...more PPVs / network events:

-> Battleground - July 24

-> SummerSlam - August 21

-> Backlash (WWE Network Exclusive) - Sep 11

-> Clash of Champions - Sep 25

-> No Mercy - Oct 9

-> H-ll in a CelI - Oct 30

-> Survivor Series - Nov 20

-> TLC - Dec 4

-> Roadblock - Dec 18

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies