Do you play GTA V?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you play GTA V?

Just seeing if there are any GTA Online players in the community. I'm a regular player of it myself, but lately I find matchmaking and hosting a little difficult. Lack of people is the main thing, but I just feel like I'm not able to connect to as many people  Thinking about contacting Rogers to see if they diagnose the problem or help me out, but I doubt that will do anything.

I host and create maps on it more then anything lately, I got tired of freeroam pretty fast and there are only a few missions I actually enjoy playing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Do you play GTA V?

Have you thought of trying to connect with some international players as well? Time differences might be a little difficult, but the pool will be larger.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Punk_Out

I play GTA V a couple of times a week. It seems their online server is having a fee issues as a couple of my buddies and me are not able to get into the online option.

I would love to have something like this happen tho!
I Plan to Stick Around

It's definitely a problem with the rockstar servers - I have had the same issues lately connecting to people online.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bscrivens

Okay good its not just me & my buddies lol. Yeah it seems like they are having issues letting everyone online. I play just normal now & its kinda getting boring. lol
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am sorry but i dont play video games or dont own an ex box or play station but if i was younger i would join u guys in ur online gaming endeavours. The only time i will buy a video game is when my kids are old enuff to play

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't seem to have some of the same issues like i used to. The one problem I still have are rare "Unknown Connection Error" but it seems okay from last time I played.

I just made this topic to see if there is a possibility that Rogers has a hard time connecting to R* servers because they're in the United States (THIS IS ONLY A THEORY!), but with my lack of resources I could never check. I don't know how things go when it goes through my ISP to R* servers. I know back when I had a slower connection I had massive packet loss that Rogers would say,"but there is no packet loss on your connection" and I would do speed tests with serveral different speed test sites/programs and even Rogers speed test giving me results saying I have packet loss. Updated my Internet and I have 0 packet loss, like I told them I'm pretty sure it was the modem causing unknown packet loss.

After that I thought that my connection woes were gone but I find out R* is to blame for my connection issues on there GTA Online. It's strange that it's the only game that has any connection issues. I'm kind of over it anyways and i barely play GTA V because of it. Rescently though it seems okay, but I still get disconnected in those rare moments.

It would be nice to get an experts opinion on it because all the IT people at R* games are to drunk or high to help me anyway. I think I've made a ridiculous amount of connection issue reports to them with answers that have 0 logic. If they told me what the problem was instead of keeping me in the dark about it I think I would be a little less upset about the issue. It really kills the online experience for me. That's why I tend to play Boarderlands:TPS on my own, so the only thing I can blame is myself. Although I never have connection issues with any game but GTA V online.

Like I said, it's better then before but getting disconnected for unknown reasons is frustrating. Especially when my American friends never have these unknown connection errors and i mean, NEVER!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.

Xbox One player here.

I just got to level 32 online! Working my way up in the criminal underworld of Los Santos.

As far as connection issues go, I was having a problem where I'd be the only player in the open world lobby. I realized my NAT settings were set to "Strict". Changed them to open by modifying/opening some ports on my router, and haven't had an issue since. If you need any help with that, a quick google search should be able to help, or PM me and I'll try to assist.

I've Been Here Awhile

I will be playing GTA V when they release the PC version