cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do use this effectively for my family

Danobird
I'm here a lot

Hi,

My family is on a share everything plan now... and data is definitely split across my husband, myself and my daughter. We all love to use data! I I'm not technical 🙂 What are you suggestions on how I use this to help us (and I love the option to turn off data-- my husband might get a surprise this month!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do use this effectively for my family

There are no delays! Alerts and data usage are in real-time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersRobert
Product Manager
Product Manager

Thank you for the question Danobird.

We've done our best to keep this tool as simple as possible.

We recommend that customers set up data alerts against each line so you can keep track of how much everyone is using. So, since you have three people on your account, you could set up 3 alerts. I would suggest that you set alerts based off what you think each person will need. If you're not sure, just set up an alert at a set amount (i.e., if you have a 5GB plan, you could set an alert for you and your husband at 1.5 GB and a 1GB alert for your daughter) and monitor to see how much data each person uses.

If you notice that someone is using more data than the other, you can adjust alerts accordingly. If you're getting close to running out of data, you can easily add more data via the "add data" buttons or you can temporarily pause a line's access to data (until the end of the bill cycle; it will automatically turn on when the new cycle starts).

If you decide to turn off your husband's data, he will be notified by SMS (hopefully he won't be too surprised!) 

Danobird
I'm here a lot

Thanks, that's helpful. I'll definitely try setting up the alerts to help us manage our data better. One more quick question -- are the alerts and data usage updates real time? Or is there any sort of delay I need to be aware of?

There are no delays! Alerts and data usage are in real-time.

Awesome, thanks! You answered my questions!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation