Sharing Data with an iPhone - Is it Possible without Talk & Text?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Sharing Data with an iPhone - Is it Possible without Talk & Text?

Hi there,

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from an iPhone 5.  I am currently using my iPhone as an iPod and since it is no longer associated with a data plan the only way I can download things is via Wifi.  I discovered that my car audio controls are more iOS friendly than I would like.  So I want to know if it is possible to add my iPhone to my shareable plan but only as a data using device.  I do not need talk or text with it.  I just want to be able use it in my car to stream music via since I am not able to do it via Wifi.  I have used my Samsung phone as a wireless hotspot and connected my iPhone to it, but doing so turns Wifi off on the Samsung and I have to remember to turn it back on!  If I don't I end up using way more celluar data than I would like.  I realize I can't have my cake and eat it too, but I'm just putting this out there to see if it is even a possibiliy and if so how much would it cost?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Sharing Data with an iPhone - Is it Possible without Talk & Text?

Hi @technoqueen

That’s a good way to use your previous device!

If you’re looking for a wireless internet only access you can add on plan for 10 dollars a month to share your data from your Share Everything plan on your existing plan you have for your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Let us know if you have any other question.

@RogersPrasana