LG G2 Lollipop upgrade?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

LG G2 Lollipop upgrade?

Hey guys,

Any idea if we'll be receiving the Lollipop upgrade on the G2?
Verizon just released it and Telus has it planned for April.

Cheers

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G2 Lollipop upgrade?

Hey guys

As of right now LG will not be upgrading the G2 to the 5.0 update. Unfortunately this is a decision that LG made and not the carriers. As Mobilesyrup posted LG Korea said North American models won't be getting the update but Mobilesyrup has contacted LG but no reply http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/06/03/lg-g2-will-not-receive-lollipop-update-in-canada/?utm_content=buff...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SiC

Unfortunately at this moment Rogers has not update the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread with any information with the G2 getting the Lollipop. I am sure it will get it sometime April as well but just keep your eye out and check the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread and see when they update it!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have the schedule on bookmark, already checking since a few weeks. But thanks 🙂
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SiC

Then keep checking it regularly until they update it!. I am sure they will soon :). You are welcome!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

LG G2 Lollipop upgrade?

Verison, at&t, & tmobile have all updated the lgg2 to lollipop, the code has been up on lg for months now, what is the hold up rogers?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fortyfootcobb

I must say everyone compares the stares versus Canada is kinda sad. Very different markets and different carriers...

Rogers should be releasing the update this u upcoming week.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It's not even Rogers fault at this point. Reached out LG Canada customer service and they confirm not having released the codes for D803 Lollipop yet.
This is kinda sad that we are left behind.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Of course LG hasn't released the codes yet. They're waiting on Rogers to release the update before they post any updates or source code for the d803 on their site. I believe the carriers have the final say for updates and if we're really unlucky they have to wait for all Canadian carriers to be ready before it's released since they all have the exact same phone model, unlike the US.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pqee

Both are the reasons why a update may not come out not just Rogers or the carriers. It seems manufacturers work with carriers to delay the updates or not push them at all. People really need to stop comparing everything with they States. We don't have the same rules, policies and everything else like them. Remember that. Same goes with them.

Either way LG is at fault as i have notice.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I understand that delays in software updates can originate from the manufacturer and carrier but now with the announcement of the G4 I am about to lose it. My G2 needs lollipop and it needs it now!