I was refused bundle bonus after I purchased

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was refused bundle bonus after I purchased

Hi I rencetly ordered rogers cable TV + Internet and after a week or so, i saw on rogers.com (»www.rogers.com/web/content/bundles-rogers ) that if I get a wireless with Rogers, then I get bundle bonuses for free (which was 20 GB extra monthly usage for 3 years - please check the link provided). I called Rogers and the lady told me I will get this bonus if I get 3rd Rogers product (wireless) and I decided to go for it. She gave me discounts for bringing my own phone as well. After I received the sim card i saw that I didnt get the bonus that she mentioned i will get and its posted on the rogers.com website without any exception rules. It says get Internet + TV + Wireless and you get the bonuses for free. So I started the live chat and asked what happened. Some guy name Darren told me that she didn't leave a note that I will get this bonus. And i donno how thats my fault? I told him about the website and this is what he said exactly :  "Darren: I understand it's on the website, but this was not added to your account." I felt like I wish I had my first conversation with with sales lady over the phone taped so that I could play it and show him that she said it will be added but (may be) forgot to leave note? So if its on rogers.com and if i don't get it even following the instruction and bundling with the 3 rogers product, then isn't it false advertising?

I called Rogers and they kept forwarding me to different people. Someone told me that the bundle bonus is for only new customers (»www.rogers.com/web/content/bundles-landing ). And (though i am a new customer) on the website it says its for new and existing customer if they bundle with a new product. I mentioned the website he got nervous and forwarded me to another person. After 3 times getting forwarded someone told me he is sorry that i didnt get it but based on the website he thinks i should get it.

I still havent seen the 20GB added to my account. The only reason i got the wireless service from rogers because i saw the ad for the extra 20 GB. What should i do?

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersMahmood
Retired Moderator

Re: I was refused bundle bonus after I purchased

Hello Tanimhbk,

We would be happy to take a look into this issue for you. Please feel free to reach out to us through our Facebook page or Twitter handle for more help.

Thanks

Mahmood

I Plan to Stick Around

This is why I love the online chat, I copy and paste every conversation and save it, this way I can look back and verify what was said to me to clarify to the next person what I had heard (read) and understood. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jbird

You can do the same with over the phone but record the convo. Lets stay on topic here & help the user out with the issue he is having.

Hopefully RogersMahmood or another Rogers rep can lend out a hand & resolve this for the user!.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was on topic.  Poster talked about live chat and I verified that it's good to copy conversations since they mentioned they were bounced around.   Having a record would help them to resolve the bundle issue that Roger's isn't honoring.   Besides I don't have anyway of recording phone conversations... being hearing impaired the live chat is better for us.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jbird

That is correct but either way both are a good option. You just need to let the Rep know you are recording them or taking a Screen shot of the convo. That is the rule & policy. IF you take a SS without informing the rep, Most Manager will void it even if the rep if giving false info as you never told the rep you are taking a picture or recording the phone call. Believe me i know lol.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi this is finally got resolved. I got 20 GB extra that Rogers.com says people should get when they have TV + Internet and then if they add WIreless to it. I had to go through lot of trouble to get what I supposed to get at the first time. The girl who sold to the wireless plan to me over the phone she said the bonuses will be added as posted on rogers.com but it didnt get added and the guy "Darren" on live chat was not nice at all. He said she didnt leave any note and we can't give you if she forgot to add a note. On phone some one told me completely different story saying that existing customer do not get that deal and i showed him that rogers.com says existing customers get this deal as well and he forwarded me to someone else to avoid talking about it. I finally went to the rogers store in Waterloo and the guys told me that have nothing to do with this. All they can do is call and tell them why i was there. And he also mentioned the deal is for new customers only without knowing that I came with all the print outs lol. Anyway he made the call and was on the phone for a while and store got many customers and I guess somewhere they decided to put an end to it. My question is I have 3 rogers product paying around 120$/month, did I deserve this hassle? And if the sales girl tell me that I will get it and I dont get it later and everyone else denies to give it to me knowing its also on rogers.com...is that lieing or false advertising? I am sorry that i sounds angry but I had to make in total 4 phone calls, spend 1 hours on phone eahc time, post on the forums and go to a rogers store to get 20 GB of extra bandwidth that the girl forgot to put a note of when I ordered. Feels like i am punished for someone else's error.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont think its 100% a lieing thing...

you were and should have got it.

It more is.. that the reps are not properly trained, on WHAT the promotions are... and all the details are... that they tell you different things, as they all dont know/have different interpretations of the promtion... and they dont know how to process it properly.

This is a major thing they need to improve, to stop things like this.