HD Channels Not Showing in HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

HD Channels Not Showing in HD

Hey

I just my NextBox installed and I am using HDMI. However, when I switch to the 500 HD channels, it stays in 480p. Any idea what could be wrong? I am indeed on the right input (HDMI 1).

Thanks!

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HD Channels Not Showing in HD

Hello liquorun

Have you tried changing the settings on the box? Go into Settings - Appearance & Switch it from 480p to 720or 1080i. That should be the reason why its causing this.
I'm Here A Lot

I will try that as soon as I get home! Does the NextBox come with its own remote controller? Or can I access that menu with the normal Rogers controller. Sorry to ask this, I'm not home at the moment and I had to leave soon as the technician was done and didn't have time to look at what he left me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello liquorun

The Rogers NextBox 3.0 gives you the same remote control you have from your old Rogers Nextbox 2.0 or older. You can still use the old remote you have if you wish.
I'm Here A Lot

Perfect I will try when I get home. If I have any trouble, I'll just come back here. Thanks so much 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello liquorun

Let us know how it goes!. Just like you said, if you have any troubles, one of us on here are here to help you:).

You are welcome!:)
I'm Here A Lot

Hey!

When I press the "settings" button on my remote, it does nothing accept flashes the letters "IR" in led on the nextbox itself.

I'm Here A Lot

I actually found the setting to change it, but is there anyway to make so it automatically changes back to 480p when I go to standard def channels?

I'm a Senior Advisor

No.  The Nextbox software does not allow for 'passthrough' resolution changes, like the older 8300's.  You have to pick one.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello liquorun

Once the setting is set, the box will auto change it for the channels. So if u have a channel which is SD, it will chnage it to that BUT the picture won't be HD.