cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have Smiley Sad

Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X  please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

2,945 REPLIES 2,945

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

ah thanks meowmix

It would be good for it to automatically change over but I guess some people might not want that so maybe it's a good thing that we need to contact rogers to specify the device we would like coverage on.  

riyaleh
I've Been Here Awhile

My current position is 1415. Any information on ETA?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @riyaleh

Give and take 1-3 weeks if anything. Depends on how many shipments Rogers gets from Apple.

linuxhead
I'm Here A Lot

Love the phone. It's a much needed upgrade from the 6. Didn't think the 7 or the 8 had any added benefits to make me want to upgrade. Should I have just done the iPhone 8 for $99? Did I really need all of these little updates for 100s of dollars more? After all the hype has worn off and you ask yourself was it really worth it at this price point ($724 for 256G Space Grey X). Once you're done getting all the accessories (fast charger, wireless charger, case, screen protector, airpods, etc...). At the end of the day you have to ask yourself what do I use my phone for and can I justify the price for my needs. Am I just trying to keep up with the Jones? The mass crowd typically uses theirs' phones for  email, talking, social media, and games.

nasa25

@linuxhead

$724 for the 256gb is a deal I'd have taken all day long lol

I paid $799 plus tax up front for my 64gb x.  Tack on the subsidy from my 7 and all in my upgrade bill was $1152.40

If I'd have went for a 256gb it would have been an additional $226.  I had a hard time justifying over $1100 as it is lol

Joshman2
I Plan to Stick Around
I am 200 in the line for the X when will I get it

Joshman2
I Plan to Stick Around

I am 200 and not moving at all sol probably a long time

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Joshman2

1-3 weeks I would say. Again depends on what amount Apple sends to Rogers.

@nasa25

Wow....that's a lot of money. That's a mortgate paymen, a 65" 4K UHD TV, a couple of car payments, etc...

The love of toy is root of all our poorness. Alright now, I don't feel all that bad.

Sorry it took your huge bill to make me see the light....lol.

I guess one thing about Rogers they have always taken care of me. I hear other stories from other people and other carries and I must say not only did I get a great deal on the phone I get great deals on my plans.

I'm still wondering if hype is getting the best of us these days and at what cost.

Going off topic here but I always here Samsung owners saying you guys are fools for paying so much for old tech.

Why is it that we never hear about Samsung revolutionizing technology? All I hear when apple does it is, "Oh we already have that in our phone." Yah no one is talking about it because it doesn't work.

One thing they fail to realize is that with Apple, I pay for quality tech that works as it should.

It's one thing to push out a bunch of early technology that doesn't work and has a ton of flaws.

I would rather go with a company that takes their time and produces a quality product that I will be happy with.

"Well Apple locks down their software and Samsung doesn't." I've yet to see a Samsung owner who does something with their phone that blows my mind.  I'm not a fan boy I'm just real. 😉

nasa25

@linuxhead

lol yup I wasn't planning on upgrading this year but I always manage to talk myself into it

I honestly have no regrets on this purchase.  I was setting up my iPhone 7 for sale on the weekend and it seemed so small to me after using the X for a day lol.  

It's definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

Arjun873
I Plan to Stick Around
My device changed to the iPhone X on my rogers account just now. Does that mean my phone is being shipped soon?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Arjun873

Yes that means it will be shipped out within the say or two.

hph198
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers direct corporate order still stuck in progress...

I was 27 on October 27th, and now I'm 7 still no movement on my status whatsoever. 

My device still shows my old 6+ when I sign into myrogers account. 

Pretty much have lost hope at this point.... Guessing I'll get it in December. 

Calling or reaching our to chat support is pointless as they have a different answer everytime. 

Fadals
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in around position 730 for the space grey 64gig, arranged it for in-store pickup. Do I have any chance of getting this phone in November?

thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Fadals

Most likely in 1-3 weeks or so.

me26
I've Been Here Awhile
It all depends on the type of account. I have a corporate discount and my position has barely moved, I ordered the phone before a friend of mine who has a business account. I ordered it through the website and he called. He already received it (by mail) while I am still int the queue for my phone to be shipped at the Rogers store. I called rogers and was told that there's more to it than being in a position!!. That got me frustrated

May I ask you what position you were at?

Thanks!

me26
I've Been Here Awhile
We both ordered around the same time (8:30 am launch day ), I got position 357, he was 117 (after I had book online). His was shipped on friday.. I am not position 240

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @me26

Again depends on the account. Business and corporate customers reservations aren't the same as regular consumer ones.

me26
I've Been Here Awhile
I do understand it now, it is still frustrating when you realized that some type of account are privileged over others.

wow i was at 454 this morning, and i just dropped to 51 !

space gray, 256g