cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @asylver7

Ah okay thanks!. I am in Toronto so i won't be calling Calgary lol

mallain
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm here to pour some gas on the fire. The store that I was at on Saturday (Mountain Road, Moncton) had the model I pre-ordered (7+ JB, 128GB), but because I am a corporate client, they were not able to do my upgrade. When I questioned the rep about them receiving stock before the pre-orders are fulfilled, the response was "well, we need to have product to sell as well you know". These are not rumors; they are shipping to stores before pre-orders. At leaset in my case they are!

Staveros
I Plan to Stick Around

There is a work around. Go to the order search tab and put in your phone number then click on "Search". It appears the visual queue list is gone but the orders are still there.

Cheers.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

got my 7 plus today, rogers indicated it as shipped on fri sept 30, arrived today at about 9am, delivered to rogers plus 2hr later. tracking info stayed as "electronic info submitted ready for ups" --> "arrival scan" in winnipeg, service level was displayed as ups standard. thats very very fast for ups standard over a weekend, ive had ups standard shipped for other things before on a friday, usually came on wed, tues at best. from both vancouver & toronto. not sure where rogers reservations ship from, im assuming hq in toronto.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @inferno129

As you know from previous reservation threads you have been in, I have said that they display UPS Standard but in reality it's UPS Express overnight. All they do is changed the status on the display.

Also its know that UPS delivers the packages faster when it's a pre order or reservation from the carriers via UPS Standard. Also as u know the Warehouse is in Toronto so they ship them out of here. Sometimes they do from Vancouver as well. The main one is in Toronto.

inferno129

no i did not know they used express overnight, also i only somewhat monitor the reservation threads on the year i upgrade, last year for the 6s i didnt look whatsoever as i upgrade every other year so if u said that then i missed it

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @inferno129

So be it. Now you know :).

chuck12
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @inferno129

I am assuming you are not on a corperate account or account with a corperate discount?

Gratz on getting your phone finally

inferno129

no im a regular consumer

hthuynh
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone gotten their phone on new activation yet?

I've been 66 for RG 128GB 7+ forever and its not moving zzz

inferno129

yes i did so today. but i was orignally position #2 for 7 plus black 32gb since reservations came up. few days after launch was #1, assuming cancellation in front of me. my device came in today (oct 3 2016). for any perspective..

very slow and the first time i had to wait this long, im still dissapointed in rogers reservation system but i guess its still better than not reserving...cause i asked over 4 rogers stores in my city, they all estimated over 2 more weeks for various colors & sizes for the plus, one was "certain" over 1 month for the plus, & this wasnt counting jet black...

iiLtnGeneralzZ
I Plan to Stick Around

So...I'm still in position 13 OPEN for 7+ 256GB Black...

Still no progress, starting to get really frustrated now..

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around

Still #1 OPEN for Jet Black 7 Plus 128gb.. Was #2 on the first day and moved one spot obviously due ot cancellation.. You think as time passes and technology and computer system and efficiency improves, Rogers Reservation system would IMPROVE.  Yet every year it gets worse and worse and theres more screwups, more misinformation, non information, system glitches.. Obviously they couldnt care less about existing customers. only about the potential of new customers because once they have you, you are treated poorly

Staveros
I Plan to Stick Around

Still not one...I repeat NOT ONE single iPhone 7+32GB for corporate customers. I truly and honestly don't mind the wait, but I just don't understand how there hasn't been a single device allocated for this reservation group.

I pre ordered on September 9th, was still at 331 for iPhone 7+ black 128 gb and #20 for the same but rose gold as of yesterday morning. Called yesterday morning to every rogers store in my city and one location had several pluses. I had to buy a 256 in black but they had 128 in rose gold. So I cancelled my online reservation

yury01
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, you are correct. From September 16, my status in Progress (Pre Fullfilment) number 4 for 7+ black 32GB didn't changed. I'm on corporate side. This means that Rogers didn't receive ANY phones for these customers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @yury01 @Staveros

Seems like they have received stock but didn't put it towards the business and or corporate reservations which i have noticed year after year this happens.

Staveros
I Plan to Stick Around
Just for the pluses? I was on the 6 and we didn't purchase pluses until after the pre-order period.

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

so i called rogers to see if they could apply my rogers mastercard reward points in the back end after i picked up the 256 GB plus jet black from the apple store.  of course they said they couldn't do it.  So i asked if they could at least wave my early upgrade fee ($120).  i told them if they could do that, then i'll just keep the phone and forget about the reward points.  They wouldn't do that either.  So i went back to the apple store to return it.  The apple guy said he would try to talk to rogers for me to apply the points.  So he tried and the agent he had said he talked to many different people, and nobody knew anything about the rogers mastercard reward points.   the apple guy felt defeated too.  no surprise here.  rogers is a joke.  their employees know jack all.   i had the exact same problem when they had the rogers first rewards points.  took me transferring between 10 people and finally asking for a senior manager before i got anywhere.  only reason i'm still with rogers is for the free NHL on the phone.  once their licensing agreement ends with NHL, i'm out.  whoever said they don't give a care about their current customers is dead on.

BiReL41r
I Plan to Stick Around

You guys really need to check Apples reserve and pick up site in the mornings.

I was in line (position 38) for a 256gb 7+ Jet Black and could not wait any longer. Picked it up last week and been loving it ever since. I don't know how I could wait as long as some people here...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @BiReL41r

Some like the wait but don't like the no communication.