3G signal disappearing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

3G signal disappearing

I ride on the Lakeshore west line of the GO (Ontario) commute train and the 3G signal keeps disappearing between the Clarkson and Port Credit Stations and also between the Long Branch and Mimico stations.

I would understand signal fluctuation when on atrain but the signal disappearing altogether does not sound right to me.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

3G signal disappearing

My iPad 2 sometimes does not make use of the available 3G signal as Internet pages will either take a long, long time to load or not load at all (they freeze). I have to restart the iPad for it to pickup the signal and the pages display at normal speed.

What could this be ?

Thx
Kleber

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 3G signal disappearing

@KSRJ wrote:
I ride on the Lakeshore west line of the GO (Ontario) commute train and the 3G signal keeps disappearing between the Clarkson and Port Credit Stations and also between the Long Branch and Mimico stations.

I would understand signal fluctuation when on atrain but the signal disappearing altogether does not sound right to me.

No matter where you go, there may be 'pockets' of areas where there are no signals.  I have one about 5 mins from my house, in the middle of a plazza.. go a street each way, you get signal back.  Its possible along the way, you are hitting one of these pockets where there is just no coverage (due to tower layout, geography, etc).

I Plan to Stick Around

I ride the same train and experience the same thing on both 3G and LTE.  I suppose if enough people complain to Rogers, they will fix the problem.  It's a network issue.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Same thing here. 

3g\ lte cuts out twice between burlington station and Union. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello km1guy

Weird i take the Go train & i get 3G service but LTE sometimes drops depending on the time of the day.