Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers First Rewards

Its not ALL discounts.

Any bundle deal discount for signing up, %20 off first year, that sort of thing, should remain.
Any retentions deals, should remain.

Only the better choice bundles, will be removed.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've been with Rogers for years, I have 3 cell #'s, internet, home phone and cable. I have always received a multi discount, it was 12% on my cell phones. The day I signed up for the Rogers First Reward I lost the discount. They told me it was in the terms and conditions and there was absolutely nothing they can do. I went from saving roughly $25/ month to getting say $6/ month worth of rewards. I am very disappointed once again with Rogers. Will be switching over everything to another provider in September. It seems like the longer you are with Rogers the more like to screw you over. Strange.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello siv

There was a thread made about this when it first came out & many did not read the terms & conditions on this & got this as a result.  It does state right before you click Accept that your better bundle discounts will be taken away as a this will replace it. It does say it 1- 2 times before you click accept ( If you read the terms & conditions. They are correct. They can not do much as it is in the terms & conditions & its made very clear if someone reads it.

" Customers who participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other specified Rogers discount programs are not eligible to participate in the program. If you currently participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other discount program, and are otherwise eligible, you may enroll in the program. However, once you enroll, you will no longer be eligible for any Rogers Better Choice Bundles discount. Rogers First Rewards customers are still eligible for other in-market bundled offers and discounts available to existing and new Rogers customers in specific markets.

That is from their own website which is under " Full Details". This isnt really Rogers fault if you did not read the terms & conditions before accepting.. Always no matter what the deal is, read the fine small print & the terms & conditions. This is very important for everyone to do. Every carrier does this so remember to make sure & do your reserarch on which provider you go with next.

http://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/Rogers_Rewards_Program_Terms_Conditions_en.pdf

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Of course the post got moved.. and my reply got eaten due to it Smiley Tongue  But meowmix covered a good part of it.

No matter WHICH provider... or ANY service you sign up for... it may seem like a PAIN.. but read EVERY line, ever terms and conditions, all fine print you can find for it, before signing up... this can affoid MANY issues, or senarios that you are not comfortable with.

I Plan to Stick Around

hold on guys, I don’t think there’s any point assigning blame here; the question is – what can we do now; the best option, I think, is to talk to retention and maybe they can apply another set of discounts that will reduce the bill amount to what it was before
I've Been Here Awhile

Like I stated I did not read the terms and conditions. I just said the program is a scam to rid people of their discounts. And why can you not reverse it? Because they don't offer the bundle discount anymore. I've had most of my services for 15 years. It's a shame.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello siv

Its not really a scam if you did not read the terms & conditions & lost your discounts like you said.. Yes that is correct, they dropped the Better bundle discounts & put the Rogers First Rewards & Other bundle discounts if you visit their page. In the end all companies bring out new programs to get rid of the old ones & this is one of them. Bell / Telus has done the same as well.

In the end, its the customer that needs to read the fine print, small print & term & conditions to know what exactly they are signing for BEFORE they sign anything.. ALL companies do this no matter who it is.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Smartswine

I see where you are coming from as well but if someone signs something per say, they need to read the fine print & terms & conditions before signing anything. This is something that needs to be done by everyone.

The program indeed does help some & does not help some. Its a new program which i find better then a discount as you can use points on things u need instead of paying for them per say. ( Some like the OP find it as a scam & other find it better).

You can contact Rogers via Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps & see if they can do something for you but other then that, if the program is on your account, not many discounts can be given. Remember they are limited to how many discounts they give you & how much of a discount they give you.

I Plan to Stick Around

I to made the mistake of signing up for rewards late last year, then noticed that I lost my bundles discount. After many emails back and forth they gave me my bundles discount back

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello carlb

That is the only way to get it back BUT its time consuming & a lot of stress. Via phone they may not do as much unlike via Facebook, Twitter & email.