On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

On-Demand problems

Hey everyone - I'm not able to view any of the on-demand options and hope you can help.  I can find programs, select tv episodes (as an example) and select "play".  What happens is, when it starts "loading", it then boots me to the "you may also like" screen (options there are "play again" or "cancel"). This happens with on-demand movies too. No problem watching live channels.

I tried online chat help (they were having problems accessing customer accounts though - so no luck there), phone help (was told Rogers would call me back within 24-48 hours to help resolve the issue - got a pre-recorded message this morning saying the problem was resolved - it wasn't). I've also rebooted the box (Cisco Netbox Explorer 4642HD) at least five times.

Anyone experience this problem and/or have a solution on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dave

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: On-Demand problems

Rod requires two way communication to Rogers, so sometimes if it's an signal issue, that can cause rod to fail.

That would be worth having a tech out to check that.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have constant problems with on demand and watching recorded programs. Techs at the house twice, many calls to tech support, told of a software update coming mid March then mid april, still not resoved, I am ready to go back to Bell.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Generally ROD issues and playback issues are two different issues, unless its a completely faulty box.

Which exact box do you have?

I've Been Here Awhile

When you list on demand shows or movies, all previously viewed programs have a check box by the title. There used to be a way of removing the check box for a particular title but it seems to have been removed in one of the recent updates or perhaps changed. In any case, I can't find a way to do it anymore. 

I've Been Around

I have not been able to "load" anything from On Demand this evening.   The first thing I was asked was, do I want to update?  I replied yes.   It has been "loading" for quite some time.   Periodically there is an inquiry as to whether I still want to continue watching On Demand to which I respond yes.   I know I looked on the On Demand channel a few days ago and I could not get anything to load then either.  What is going on?

I'm a Senior Advisor

A recurrent problem with both Shomi and On demand as of late for me is that if I let it run to the end, a black screen comes up.  I am left with a few solutions.

1. choose another channel like channel 3, or push the guide and pick a new channel.

2. Then try to go back to on demand - often I am still stuck with not being able to use any navigation keys, or another black screenl.

3. Next worst option is to turn the tv off and start all over.

4. Sometimes I have to reboot.

Everything has been tested, and techs say it is known issue for over one month on the server end.

I can avoid it usually by stopping the show before it ends, then I can go back to the menus and choose another show.

And a final note - what person designed the more like this when binge watching a tv series.  You finish, say season 1, episode 2, and the recommendations give you many other suggestions, but never episode 3 of season 1, so you just go back to the list and pick the next episode.  I am learning to just completely ignore the more like this.

Bruce

I've Been Around

I had to upgrade my digital cable box last November due to changes in the signal, and ever since I've received the new box I can't get On Demand to work. I've been on the phone with technicians several times, and no one seems to have a solution other than to unplug the box and plug it back in.  I've tried that several times and it still doesn't work. If I go to "Menu" and choose "On Demand", it never gets past the "Welcome to On Demand" screen, and eventually I get an error message that it's unable to process my request.

If I go to Channel 100, it's actually the Gold Channel, not On Demand. I've tried Channel 300 to access Shomi, and I get the same "unable to process" message. I haven't been able to watch any of my free 30 day preview of Shomi which I subscribed to on December 27th.

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds? I've had so many calls and texts from Rogers and it still doesn't work. I've only been told to unplug and plug the box back in, but after multiple tries, it still doesn't work .

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Lindy51,

Welcome to the Community! 

I apologize for the issues you are having with OnDemand. When you called in, was a ticket escalated for you or have you had a technician visit since you have been experiencing this issue? Technical support does not end calls unless either the issue is resolved after troubleshooting over the phone or they have created a ticket/booked a technician as per normal process. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey.  I too have on demand problems.   1 set top box allows all programs to be viewed no matter the channel.  The other one will not show anything from TMN or HBO, Super channel.   Neither of them will show FX or Showcase.I just figure its a useless system now and I'll watch what I can where I can and if I have to switch rooms I will.  At least my Cisco box will now show PVR'd shows from the other set top box.  Gotta be a win for me somewhere