Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

While it takes a fair bit, to keep clicking to LOAD the whole thing, rogers DOES have the full listing now (other than for digital lite)

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING#

Which shows which channels are available with WHAT packages, side by side.

The problem/argument that comes down with.. that this doesnt then show WHAT channel that is on.
THAT will vary region by region.  My channel numbers for a lot of the lower channels are different than even just south in Newmarket, etc

On the page above, if you go towards the bottom of the page, there is the 'what is your city lineup' which will allow you to display what channels fall on WHAT numbers... but this gives you ALL the channels, not narrowed down by package.

They just need to COMBINE a DYNAMIC list of some form.

I'm a Senior Advisor

You've explained the situation very well. I can see what channels are in my package by name and I can see ALL the channel numbers available in my area, but not the channel numbers for my package. The sad part is that I USED to be able to see which channels were in my VIP and actually saved a list, but that's obsolete now. Also, I don't know if the city lineup can be trusted, because for "Channels available without a digital box" it shows me a dozen of them, yet in fact I no longer have any analog except the aquarium channel on 70. I say if Rogers can send the channels to my cable box, it should not be rocket science to list them on line.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, they need a dynamic list, which will allow the TWO of it.

I did think about it the other day on HOW it could be programmed.... it would be DOABLE.. but not easy.
sort of a pretty much check with each channel against the criteria before displaying.... MIGHT be easier with a more complex querey beforehand.   I think alot of it is, that the info is NOT databased, so makes it harder to do the above, etc.  Whats displayed now is more STATIC lists.

Your right though.. it think it does take them a while to update the stuff.

Should be FAIRLY accurate.. bar maybe some of the most recent changes.

I've Been Around

Re : Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

Which channels are included in Digital and which channels are included in Digital Plus - differences?!?

Re: Which channels are included in Digital and which channels are included in Digital Plus.

Good evening @AJH1 ,

Welcome to the Forums & Thank you for your post!

You can find more information on the differences between Digital Basic and Digital Plus by clicking here.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there .. I'm trying to sort through the differences between the various packages. I currently have the Ultimate VIP with TMN with the HD Specialty Pack.  I think I have more than I need and might be able to move to VIP and add TMN as a package and save $31 per month.

But I'm confused with what HD channels are offered in VIP vs VIP Ultimate Packages especially with TSN. I used to have to purchase the HD Specialty Pack for $9.95 to get TSN2 in HD (I see it is no longer listed there so no sure if that has changed).  Both TSN and TSN2 are listed as included under VIP but it's not indicated whether they are both in HD vs SportsNet which is clearly indicated. At the Rogers store they gave me Channel Lineup dated May 5, 2014 that clearly indicates that TSN and TSN2 in HD were included under a plan called HD-VIP but this is almost a year old and not sure if current or whether HD-VIP = VIP now. 

Can anyone confirm and advise if TSN and TSN2 are included in HD in the current VIP package.

And if there is a simple way to do this type of comparison. I've spend more than a hour scrolling through Rogers.com to figure this out and it's not clear. Am I missing something or is there a simple program or tool somewhere that provides this information.  The spreadsheet earlier in the thread doesn't provide all the info either.     

Much appreciated.  

I Plan to Stick Around

After more scrolling through Rogers.com it appears that both TSNHD and TSN2HD are not included in the VIP Package. They are included in the Extra Plus Package. 

One other question if anyone knows, since I can't find it anywhere is how many outlets do you get with Extra Plus. I need 3 and want to know if there are any extra charges. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the 'extra' whatever packages, are just 'alternates' to VIP (have sometimes more of one less of  another).
But should have the same # of outlets as VIP.. which is 6?

I Plan to Stick Around

I came across a Rogers brochure titled "Rogers Ignite & TV with Netbox 3.0" at one of the stores than says "3 extra cable outlets" are included with Plus TV and Extra Plus TV ... no mention for VIP.  I can't find any reference on the web site.  

Is it just me or do others find Rogers cable info confusing. Why not have a simple web page that allows you to compare just the differences between the various packages.  Scrolling through all these webpages is brutal. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know the channel listing for each tv package?

like the basic from channels 1-100

the plus package from 100-200 etc.